Rear Wiper Motor

S3DBW

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I might source one of these other than paying Audi's usual inflated prices?

Thanks

If you did need a whole motor (and chances are that you just need the repair kit), then you could try an online breakers site.

My A4 Avant rear wiper motor went because the pipe carrying the washer fluid through the wiper motor body had corroded and consequently the motor casing was full of liquid and had started to corrode various parts of the motor.
If I had bought just the repair kit I'd still have had the problem of how to deal with corroded motor armature etc.
Thought replacement motor would be more cost-effective and so obtained a s/h one from 4Ring Spares in Doncaster for £35 + vat +carriage.
Had a few items off them now and no probs at all........

HTH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Its just stopped working after getting progressively slower. It could be that its been caused by an internal water leaking which has subsequently seized up the mechanism.

I was just planning for the worse, however given the good advice and the availability of a repair kit, I might just take the thing to bits and see if its salvageable.

Thanks again

Yeah, have a look inside and you'll know what you need. Read other posts for info about getting the boot trim off - that's the fiddly part of the process.

Took it to bits tonight, the centre tube had a small split in it which was enough to let water into the mechanism and seize the rotating centre section. Motor is working fine so the repair kit should work just fine.

Interestingly enough the water jet onto the rear window was still working, so the split wasn't enough to actually stop the operation, but water and rotating metal parts dont mix to well!

Thanks for the good advice, the real benefit of forums such as this!

regards

What does the repair kit consist of and where is the best place to get them?

Mine packed up a while ago so i just took it of as opposed to buying a new one. Looks cool but a real pain in weather like this...cant see a thing out the back.

May take it to bit tomorrow to take a look?

Just thought I would update this one. Fitting the replace kit very straightforward, the most difficult bit being getting the seized on wiper arm of the spigot!

Replace kit works a treat and compared to the £78 pounds that my local Audi dealer is asking for a replacement unit is good value.

Thanks again to those who pointed me in the right direction

Replaced mine last week, £24 for the kit. Rather than fight with the tailgate trim I had my local garage do it, all over and done in 20 minutes.
BIG thanks for the step by step removal pics, though they didn't have to remove the motor.

Downside? Well today I drove the wife's Polo, yep it's doing the same as the Audi.

Bit late for S3DBW, but I struggled to get wiper arm off as well - a tap with a rubber mallet did it with one gentle smack (again, done on advice from here, top marks gang).

I had a huge amount of trouble getting the wiper arm off the spindle when doing my rear wiper motor replacement.....
No amount of tapping or rubber mallets was going to get the arm off, it was well and truly seized onto the shaft.....
Luckily I managed to get from Machine Mart a very small 2-arm bearing puller, designed to remove alternator bearings/ battery clamps.
Some insulation tape wrapped around the jaws meant that there was no metal -to-metal contact as I used it to pull the arm off the shaft.
It came loose with a sudden snap, am convinced that I would've broken the rear window if I'd have tried much harder with a hammer etc, its the best £6.99 I've spent in a long time.....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif