Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
    3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Grale1 on Facebook

Advice needed for K04 conversion

Hi guys, I am wondering what is needed to do a k04 conversion to my agu, I was planning on making a start over the winter on collecting the parts and then after Xmas/new year I'd start the build.

from what I've seen these are the parts I'll need. Please add anything I have missed out / over looked and need to be aware of.

turbo, manifold, down pipe, new tip, 3" MAF housing, bigger injectors, water and oil lines, heat shielding,

this is all I can think of at this moment
    A3 1.8t AGU, fk ak street coilovers, silicone tip, silicone turbo outlet pipe, forge 007p ( yellow spring ), 80mm jetex cone filter, 3" cold air feed, 3" downpipe and de cat, R-tech stage1 map 187bhp- 227ft

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Advice needed for K04 conversion

I thought it was just a direct fit replacing the k03s. Would just need the required setup.
    I could be wrong and happy to be corrected so I'll be keeping a close eye on this as I, too, am wanting to upgrade in the future.

Although mines an A4 so could be totally different.
    Last edited by A4sportMrT; 5th November 2013 at 19:08.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4sportMrT View Post
    I thought it was just a direct fit replacing the k03s. Would just need the required setup.
    I could be wrong and happy to be corrected so I'll be keeping a close eye on this as I, too, am wanting to upgrade in the future
    K03 and K04 on transverse are completely different turbos...

OP... all of the stuff you have listed but make sure the MAF housing is a VR6 one... check out Prawns build thread for some info as he has done this before going to the TFSI turbo

Decent FMIC is missing from your list, injectors should be of a suitable type as the ME3.8 is a little particular...

Check your fuel pressure as the pumps on these old cars seem to be dying off from age (seen quite a few across the VAG range do this)

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

1st Gear

Status
    No idea where I got my info from. More research to be done!

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4sportMrT View Post
    No idea where I got my info from. More research to be done!
    Inline K03/K04 (A4's etc) are same fitment but K04 not the same as transverse K04... there is a K03 fitment turbo called the K04-001 but not many peeps bother as there is an abundance of actual K04's or if sticking to K03 frame then hybrids are the way forward..

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Grale1 on Facebook
    Cheers tuffty, yes forgot I was going to get a welly cooler and 2.5" piping and yes the vr6 maf housing.
    A3 1.8t AGU, fk ak street coilovers, silicone tip, silicone turbo outlet pipe, forge 007p ( yellow spring ), 80mm jetex cone filter, 3" cold air feed, 3" downpipe and de cat, R-tech stage1 map 187bhp- 227ft

1st Gear

Status
    Reading on here, a K04-015, injectors and fuel pressure regulator from an S3/TT should be good for 245. More than that I'm needing uprated clutch/flywheel. I would think, manifold, cat and exhaust system will need to be upgraded too and better brakes.

My apologies to the OP for taking over the thread

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    FPR is the same on A3's and S3's (3bar) so all good... a decent K04 with the right bits on a good engine will do 280hp

<tuffty/>

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Grale1 on Facebook
    Lol go for it, I had a new clutch 6 months ago when I wasn't thinking of going k04 now I'll prob need to do that also as I'm not sure if mine will be up for the job.

could anyone tell me if the Valeo smf kit I had fitted will handle much power above what I have already at 187bhp 227 ft

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Useful info here
    Must do modifications for K03/K03s AGU and AUM engines FWD cars

...the rest have a read of Prawns thread as I said before... will give you loads of ideas... its a bit of a beast of a read but woorth it...

<tuffty/>