strange issue with my sons a3

gavin.m

Reaction score
Hi there
I bought my son a 97 1.8 a3 last night.
We got a bargain! But there are a couple of small Issues.

The main one Is a central locking problem.

We dont have a remote keyfob, just a plain flat one?, anyway the key when put in the drivers door only seems to lock or unlock the drivers door. However putting the key in the passenger door, it will lock and unlock all doors (including the drivers door) and arm the alarm.

Is there any reason why this would happen. Also theres some remote locking kits on ebay that state they would work on a a3, would these work to add remote locking?.

Thanks.

Gavin

the car may have remote locking. A previous owner could've just lost the remote key. Have a look at the convenience module & get the part number from it. That way you can then do a quick search with that part number which should bring up some results that will tell you if it has remote locking or not.

The convenience module is behind the nearside trim in the boot

[QUOTaigynett;2005458]the car may have r mote locking the previous owner could've just lost the remote key. Have a look at the convenience module & get the part number from it. That way you can then do a quick search with that part number which should bring up some results that will tell you if it has remote locking or not.

The convenience module is behind the nearside trim in the boot[/QUOTE]

Hi, thank you. Is that near the pump?

Also any reason why when locking drivers door tbe others dont?

Also would wiring in one of these work ? REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY CENTRAL LOCKING KIT AUDI A3 A4 A6 | eBay

Jay A3 did a post asking about converting his A3 to remote central locking and different pumps.
There might be some useful information in there.

I agree with Craig, check the part number.
What happens if you unlock the car twice from the drivers door?