help required.a3 8l

dexter35yrs

Reaction score
hi all i have an a3 1.8t 8l 2002 - when i bought the car the flashing indicators when arming/disarming alarm had been turned off i now have the fully registered vag com system and want to turn them back on - someone mentioned central convenience but thats not accessible - does anyone have a guide for enabling this thanks derek

look in the wiki

hi bez its not a fault code - im looking to re-arm the indicators when arming alarm ( someone mentioned recodeing the alarm but im not sure)

Alarm coding s3

orig setting 15178

to beep on lock 16202 (plus 1024 on to 15178)

to beep and lock 16234 ( plus 32)

Go to the central locking module and select coding.
The 'soft. coding' figure in the box needs to be increased by 1024 for beep locks, and another 32 for auto-locks at 15MPH.(i.e. if your figure is 14000, you change it to 15024 for beep, 15056 for beep and auto-lock)
I don't think the e-bay lead will access the coding block, although I may be wrong.
Make a note of the 'soft. coding' number when you access the module, so you can go back if it goes wrong

try this but take a note of thr original coding.

if it goes wrong dont blame me....

think the 15178 flashed the lights.

i thing i got this on the vcds forum on here

epox thats what im after resetting to rearm the flashing lights - thanks will try in the morning.. i do have a registered lead and software.

hi bez its not a fault code - im looking to re-arm the indicators when arming alarm ( someone mentioned recodeing the alarm but im not sure)

its not only for fault codes
its got guides etc etc
have a look comes in very useful

hi epox /bez this was what i was trying to get into but i cannot access central convenience module: to get indicators to flash when setting alarm.

Lock/Unlock Horn/Flash:

[Select]
[46 - Cent. Conv.] (35 - Cent. Locking for manual window cars)
[Adaptation - 10]
Channel (03..08)
Adaptation Value (1 = on, 0 = off)
[Save]

Channel 03 Auto Lock
Channel 04 Auto Unlock
Channel 05 Unlock, horn sounds
Channel 06 Lock, horn sounds
Channel 07 Unlock, turn signals flash
Channel 08 Unlock, turn signals flash

you may have a bad alarm siren

the alarms ok i tested it earlier - when locking the car it gives one single beep ( do older cars not have access to central convenience module with the vcds system ? )

my daughters old 2001 was ok
where did you get the lead from?

got the lead from NHN one of the mods on the other forum works fine also registered fine

contact ross tech for info or ask nigel (nhn) he should beable to help you

sure i just went into cent lock then coding iirc then typed in 15178

hi epox the current set value is 15691 which give one single beep with no indicator flashes - so if i go back into cent lock and input 15178 it should work ? or is there a way to reset the value back to the original and then do as you suggest thanks

last year last time i did it, give it a try...you can always put the old code back in if it wont work...16234 gives me lights beep and locking at 15mph

hi bez/epox only just got round to checking values as macbook battery died - i tried all variations as you suggested - none worked - the current value is 15691 = 1 beep, then i subtracted 1024 = 14667 = no beep. the screenshot are the values you can change, i tried various ones but none gave me flashing indicators ant ideas ??

did you add the 04096 2 blinks unlock
and 00512 1 blink lock

hi bez i tried both of them seperately and none seemed to work

start afresh (save old codeing)

+8192 remote
+4096 2 blinks unlock
+512 1 blink lock
+1
+2
+8
+ 32 auto lock at 15kph
+64 windows on remote

add that up and try

when your changeing the code
are you saveing it does the new code show in the codeing box ?

looks like you have problems with the unit then
any codes when you scan it ?

yes i get a full diag readout whch i save - im just searching the net and one post states the default setting and all the setting shown in the screenshot above - so if i change back to the defauly setting it should work as new ?

i may do unless its got problems

i just tried the default setting - no change - the guy i originally got it from, his wife used it and he got someone from audi where he worked to turn off the flashes when arming/unarming the alarm

other setting that i have tried:
13130, 16162, 00266, 16202 no seem to work anyone have any ideas - it lokks to be a simple fix but can i find it.......

i spoke to audi near to me the tech said the code 15197 should solve my indicator issue - i tried it no luck ....

is the cable a real vcds? or ebay? if ebay could be the cable......as nothing else seems to be working.

mark