Toyosport downpipe and decat

puggsy21

Reaction score
hey all,

so today i fitted my new discs and brake pads which are alot better got grooved and dimpled all round and new pads plus i fitted my toyosport downpipe and decat and added my miltek cat back system need some exhaust paste where the pipe joins are :)

My question is i went to take the car out for a spin see how the brakes and exhaust are but on pulling away i could hear what sounded like the driveshaft rubbing against the downpipe as it gets louder when you use more throttle i didnt go far, 50 yards or so once i heard noise i parked it back up

what is my best or easiest option to correct the issue and would i need to take downpipe back off.

Cheers for any responses

Best bet would be to get under it and see if there is any telltale rub marks :) then take it from there as to how and where to move...

my relentless also rubbed on my ko4 setup. I manage to fit the hanger pin through the center of the rubber bushing. Took some effort to get it in there.

Scullies which hanger/rubber bushing are you referring to

on the relentless DP there is a rod that sticks out off to the side of the pipe, before it joins the cat or decat. It fits into the stock exhaust rubber support.
I managed to raise the DP a little bit up towards the floorpan, by fitting the rod into the center of the rubber support. Its not meant to fit in that position though.

Dp

here is the one i have got it doesnt have the hanger like yours does

Dp

aah you have an A3. I assumed you had a S3 when I read that the flexi was rubbing on the drive shaft. Blonde moment.

lol ha ha, so do you think that is happening to mine the flexi rubbing on the drivershaft

I really don't know bud, best to have a look where the flexi is sitting

Get under the car mate (when exhaust is cold) and move/rattle it about up and down - left to right, then see where it touches. There's usually some movement in brackets so-on.

ok cool will do cant do it at the min as not feeling well