Been thinking for a while about methanol fuel mixtures

Stacey: your TSR man will limit the size of comp cover from memory... bare that in mind.. Not sure how much more room there is
It also surged on your current setup as I recall.

Precision do the 6235 with the same T04B comp housing that am currently running :)

Not sure how much that smaller comp housing will perform on a compressor that big and wether will be that detrimental to performance? Mine did have surge and had to be tapered in up until 5000 iirc where boost was then let loose

Not currently planning on upgrading but it's certainly floating around in my mind, if I do though it will be substantial to a billet 35r (precision or HTA) of some description as not worth doing otherwise and the tial housings and Garrett core mean it will be a drop in solution regarding dp and lines only headache will be comp cover

I expect to be pulling the engine and box next month once finished decorating 3rd room as not starting another till new year

With regards to the meth in the fuel it's something would quite like to try but seems like it's not favoured and worth the grief

Maybe should start a petition for E85 obviously for the benefit of being Eco friendly ;)

But e85 will be a whole lot more corrosive than a 10% methenol mix.
I don't know about others but I for one will be using this 10% mix in the near future. I know someone that uses a 50:50 mix methanol and diesel(Yes I know not petrol) in their car for nearly the last 2 years and has had no problems with fuel lines etc. The car in question being a 1998 E class.

Olsten Helland has run e85 for a long time on his gt30 lcr. Stunning power. No reported fuel related issues.

Reactions: StaceyS3
I think I'll try and use E85. Just hope one Bosch 044 + 1150cc (potentially at 4 bar) would be enough flow wise. I'd guess so? Seems to be you need 1.5x the flow of regular fuel.

I have both the compact and full size housing for my GTX30. Hoping I can use the full size one. Looks so much more manly :)

I believe you can get a Ron sensor that measures the Ron value of the mix. On the basis of this you can add this to the haltech can bus system and have several maps tuned on a linear curve so the ecu can adjust the map accordingly. But that might not be practical or economical. I'm not sure if this sensor could be incorporated into our ecu set up.

This is still something I think about and wonder if the gains would be worth the inconvenience of chucking say equivilent of 10% meth in each time you fill up?

Funnily enough me and a friend was only talking about it over the weekend as he was searching about for E85

You can always make your own 112 race fuel.

Just get a calculator and mix in toluene, its £25 for 5L or £60 for 25L.
Boosts the octane level, its potent lethal stuff but its not like normal gasoline is good for your health.

Its not recommended but Loads of people run 10% meth in the fuel and have bo adverse effects, I might do it myself and just bump static fuel pressure up a bit.

re WMI:
The decent WMI systems have failsafes in built anyway, if line pressure drops or the level is low Aquamist systems can automatically limit you to actuator pressure or can switch you to lower boost map (ecu dependent, mostly used on standalone Ecu's that have a simple 5v switch for boost maps).

AEM has a safe output on it, only goes on with low level fluid or controller fault tho, but it can be used to drop n75 out

Not many have actual flow sensors on them to detect if actual flows stopped (blocked etc)

Everyone likes gauges

806-429-s.jpg

1. 8-element Bargraph Display (100-450ml/min)
2. indicates the presence of sensor.
3. Water injection ON led
4. Water Level Sensor led (yellow)
5. SC (Sensor Calibration)
6. Backlit legend flow legend
7.Boost Enabled led
8. Water injection enable button
9. Over-range setting potentiometer
10. Under-range setting potentiometer

AEM has a safe output on it, only goes on with low level fluid or controller fault tho, but it can be used to drop n75 out

Not many have actual flow sensors on them to detect if actual flows stopped (blocked etc)

I did previously use the output off of the AEM controller to the coil of a relay to drop off the supply to my gizzmo EBC when was using that so it when ran out of WMI or went in fault dropped it down to actuator pressure by turning the EBC off

AEM now do a proper failsafe kit that monitors the flow and if it drops off due to fault or nozzle blockage it uses an output to switch boost or timing, but it also does the same if flow is to high as a split pipe will cause this

It's quite clever and can work well if set up correctly

Reactions: badger5