S3 8l owners would you swap to a B6 S4?

p1tse

Reaction score
If it wasn't a financial issue would you swap?

Anyone driven one?
I've had a tt 1.8t 225 remapped, mkv r32 would love to tick off the experience of a s4 4.2 v8
Although looking at s3 8l as some good examples and a lot of car for several £ks
But thinking if I had the extra would I, should I :)

My mate has one I use when I want to,its not very clean but the decat V8 is pure unadulterated sex.
I pulled up at lights and a 370z pulled up in the next lane with his V6 revving away,I said to my mate 'awww how cute he has six cylinders'
then revved the 4.2 litres of beast,the Nissan drivers face was funny.

I don't know about swapping from an S3 to S4 as you will lose ten miles per gallon and as a daily driver that could be a lot of money.
I could do it now as my current Golf is quite thirsty.

Reactions: m19lte, AVLO and s3dave
As above, I would purely for the noise. A v8 is a must in any mans life at some point. I think one day i'll own the b6 s4...maybe in a few years.

Reactions: m19lte
That's the thing it's becoming in a price bracket where you can still pick up a decent 4.2 v8 with audi German solid finish

I like the understated looks of them but yet a little more to the edges compared to normal cars like the s3

You ask......If it wasn't a financial issue would you swap?

In that case, in a blink of any YES.

remember your questions because I am disregarding the high maint. costs (not forgetting insurance), and excessive petrol drinking !

Reactions: AVLO
I have an RS 4 with a revolution intake and when you give it some beans it's like an orchestra in your ears..... Bwaaaaaaaaarp....
null_zps2bb848e1.jpg

Reactions: coatesy, AVLO and jojo
If running costs is not an issue, then yes, I would make the swop. But for now, my S3 is adequate for my needs in terms of performance and handling?

Im sat on the fence with this one..iv driven the s4 and they are awesome, and like the guys above said the noise is fantastic.
Spose if you want something more hot hatch then the s3 is the car but if you want a luxo barge that will still put some newer fast cars to shame then the s4s defo the one to do it..
All depends what you want from the car..If its just an itch you want to scratch then do it..you can always go back to the s3 after..

Last edited:
Im sat on the fence with this one..iv driven the s4 and they are awesome, and like the guys above said the noise is fantastic.
Spose if you want something more hot hatch then the s3 is the car but if you want a luxo barge that will still put some newer fast cars to shame then the s4s defo the one to do it..
All depends what you want from the car..If its just an itch you want to scratch then do it..you can always go back to the s3 after..
Just have both.... Problem sorted :)
A3D011F3-B93F-459D-9BCC-ACC9E2AD6E8C-23606-00000AC9D1728F8E.jpg
null-31.jpg

Reactions: m19lte, Westy, joe_echo and 1 other person
None taken...:)
But you definitely need to go in with your eyes open.... DRC is a couple of grand fix on its own...

wo wo wo!

im currently waiting until next year when I'm 25 to buy the rs4 as Insurance says no!

Whats these problems you lot speak of........... Drc couple grand , say what!????

i thought the rs4 Cecil has, we're meant to be quite reliable performance saloons? Am I wrong?
i currently play an awesome lottery having an e46 m3 smg....... Only a matter of time until the gbox pump implodes on that, I thought the audi rs4 had no such extremely expensive problems?

educate me on the subject people please?
p.s I want a red one too! :-D

Sean

wo wo wo!

im currently waiting until next year when I'm 25 to buy the rs4 as Insurance says no!

Whats these problems you lot speak of........... Drc couple grand , say what!????

i thought the rs4 Cecil has, we're meant to be quite reliable performance saloons? Am I wrong?
i currently play an awesome lottery having an e46 m3 smg....... Only a matter of time until the gbox pump implodes on that, I thought the audi rs4 had no such extremely expensive problems?

educate me on the subject people please?
p.s I want a red one too! :-D

Sean

found it

DRC = Dynamic Ride Control

The shock absorbers are cross connected with fluid via a valve block. It allowes the suspension to be soft(er) when in a straight line for a better ride but stiffen up for better handling.

They have a few issues which you need to look out for... The DRC was a call for 5 years or 70000 miles... They are on the third generation now... It's used in the RS 6 as well... Lots of people just change it out for KW V3,s... £1700... Carbon build up is a common problem as well on TFSI engines zaps your horsepower.... That's about £600 up over to sort... Exhaust flaps stick shut or open... Vac pipes are an issue as well... If you buy a stinker you could well have to put 4,5 grand into it to put it right...

They have a few issues which you need to look out for... The DRC was a call for 5 years or 70000 miles... They are on the third generation now... It's used in the RS 6 as well... Lots of people just change it out for KW V3,s... £1700... Carbon build up is a common problem as well on TFSI engines zaps your horsepower.... That's about £600 up over to sort... Exhaust flaps stick shut or open... Vac pipes are an issue as well... If you buy a stinker you could well have to put 4,5 grand into it to put it right...

thats a lot that could go wrong on what is still approx a £18-19k car..........
bit disappointed now, I'm thinking £3-4k more and get a c63 amg????

Sean

I wouldn't be disappointed.... Just find a sorted one....There an awesome freakin machine....:)
You can get them for 15 Grand now.... There's a white one for sale for 13 and a half now I think....

My mate has one I use when I want to,its not very clean but the decat V8 is pure unadulterated sex.
I pulled up at lights and a 370z pulled up in the next lane with his V6 revving away,I said to my mate 'awww how cute he has six cylinders'
then revved the 4.2 litres of beast,the Nissan drivers face was funny.

I don't know about swapping from an S3 to S4 as you will lose ten miles per gallon and as a daily driver that could be a lot of money.
I could do it now as my current Golf is quite thirsty.

Haha, how cute a 6cyl ;-)