• 2 Post By IrishDave
  • 1 Post By Westy
  • 1 Post By IrishDave
  • 1 Post By s3dave

Thread: WOOT WOOT

3rd Gear

Status

WOOT WOOT

Well after months of waiting, the car is finally going in to be mapped tomorrow. Can't wait.......
    jojo, Westy, s3dave and 2 others like this.
    B5 v1 Tip, B5 Exhaust Manifold, Beach Buggy Hybrid, Pipewerx D.P and cat bypass, Miltek resonated cat back, AH Fabs v2 Intercooler, S2000 Filter, 83mm 9.5:1 CP Pistons, Brute Rods, Bosch 550cc Injectors, Oil Catch can, N249 delete, B5 Phenolic Gasket, Devils Own Water Meth Kit, Forge baffled sump.
    H&R Springs, Koni FSD Shocks, s3dave's rear tie bars, R32 ARB's, LCR Brembo's, 18" ttrs alloys, replaced all suspension bushes, 15/20mm spacers front/rear, Vibratechnics Engine Mounts.

2. # ADS
    ADS

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    1.9 on an hybrid... interesting.... Good luck mate...
    IrishDave likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Hoping for a nice result alright.
    B5 v1 Tip, B5 Exhaust Manifold, Beach Buggy Hybrid, Pipewerx D.P and cat bypass, Miltek resonated cat back, AH Fabs v2 Intercooler, S2000 Filter, 83mm 9.5:1 CP Pistons, Brute Rods, Bosch 550cc Injectors, Oil Catch can, N249 delete, B5 Phenolic Gasket, Devils Own Water Meth Kit, Forge baffled sump.
    H&R Springs, Koni FSD Shocks, s3dave's rear tie bars, R32 ARB's, LCR Brembo's, 18" ttrs alloys, replaced all suspension bushes, 15/20mm spacers front/rear, Vibratechnics Engine Mounts.

3rd Gear

Status
    Leaving now. Be back in a few hours with the results.........
    Westy and s3dave like this.

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishDave View Post
    Leaving now. Be back in a few hours with the results.........
    Good luck.
    IrishDave likes this.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

3rd Gear

Status
    Well I am home now and it wasn't as successful a day as hoped(marred with problems). Anyway Joe started off the mapping. The max he could get out of it was 280hp and 320tq.
    The knock sensor was going mad and retarding the timing reducing power. There is a problem with the downpipe where it is rubbing off one of the heatshields and sends a horrid vibration through the car which may or may not be the cause. Then when Joe was doing the final run for the day, he finished the run letting the car idle and it died.
    For love or money could not get it to fire up. Getting numerous fault codes such as camshaft sensor, manifold pressure, throttle sensor etc. After an hour or 2 finally figured that it is either the camshaft sensor or the wire running to it has shorted/broken somewhere along the line because the car runs without the sensor connected.
    So a few things to sort before I go back and any ideas the knowledgeable on here have as to why the knock sensor is acting up the way it is I am open ideas.
    Anyway my luck with cars or lack of continues....

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Sorry to hear matey.

You done a build thread on this?
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

3rd Gear

Status
    Nah no build thread.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Been there mate,,, head up you will sort it...

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishDave View Post
    Well I am home now and it wasn't as successful a day as hoped(marred with problems). Anyway Joe started off the mapping. The max he could get out of it was 280hp and 320tq.
    The knock sensor was going mad and retarding the timing reducing power. There is a problem with the downpipe where it is rubbing off one of the heatshields and sends a horrid vibration through the car which may or may not be the cause. Then when Joe was doing the final run for the day, he finished the run letting the car idle and it died.
    For love or money could not get it to fire up. Getting numerous fault codes such as camshaft sensor, manifold pressure, throttle sensor etc. After an hour or 2 finally figured that it is either the camshaft sensor or the wire running to it has shorted/broken somewhere along the line because the car runs without the sensor connected.
    So a few things to sort before I go back and any ideas the knowledgeable on here have as to why the knock sensor is acting up the way it is I am open ideas.
    Anyway my luck with cars or lack of continues....
    I guess you don't have the luck of the Irish then.....

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

3rd Gear

Status
    ^^ No such thing its only a myth.
    jojo likes this.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    If it continues messing around with knock, i'd rewire them from the sensor to the ECU with screened mircophone cable. Have seen a few do this. What boost was it at?

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Can send you some spare knock sensors FOC if that helps..
    IrishDave likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    @s3dave. Thanks for the offer, very much appreciated. I may take you up on the offer in the future but first I am going to try and eliminate the exhaust rubbing to see if that works, if not I will be in touch.
    @Byzan. He was requesting 1.5 bar, but was only getting 1.2 so there may be other issues there that need resolving also.
    What do you think is causing this, dodgy n75?

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    huge boost leak? worn actuator? N75 broken?

3rd Gear

Status
    I will get a smoke test done to check for leaks. Actuator is only new and the n75 is the original so may be at fault.