Audi a3 O2 sensor & oil change HELP!

ticketyboo90

Reaction score
Hi all, I own a a3 1.6 (poor engine, I know) 8v 52 plate with 76k on the clock! I have a engine management light on! I took it to the garage and the diagnostics said one fault only which was the O2 sensor ONE. He reset the computer than 2 days later the same thing! Which O2 sensor is that pre cat or past cat? I am also hoping to do a full oil change next week, as the previous owner didn't look after it and hasn't had it serviced in years. (I have also done air/pollen filters etc) I will be changing the filter, and cleaning and scrubbing the sump also. I have vw audi sealent for the sump as I am aware they prefer to use sealent and not the gasket itself? Is there anything Else I should be taking a look at/cleaning while the sump is off? Many thanks!

have a look in the stickies ..there is one for sump removal for the s3.

Last edited:
Bank one sensor one is pre cat sensor, bank one sensor two is after cat sensor

soak the sensor in vinegar for a few days, it cleaned my number 2 sensor up a treat & has been fully functional ever since

Thanks guys! I'd probley just replace it while I'm under the car! Don't know which pre cat sensor I need, there are Bosch ones on ebay but some are with cables that are 440mm and overs are 1200mm etc!