"laggy" handbrake

MIGGZ

nanananananananan BATMAN
Reaction score
hey guys...

hope i dont get flamed for this as i tried to look for the answer 1st but only found upgrades.

ever since iv had this A3 my handbrake has always felt "laggy" as in when i pull it up it only slows the rear wheels does not lock it up.

i have upgraded the rear setup to S3 disks, S3 calipers and EBC yellow and still feels the same. if im in sand it will lock but want it to lock even on dry tar.
I have set the cable by the handbrake to be at +- 5 clicks when the brakes are cold.

any suggestions?

Stick 145 section tyres on the rear and inflate them to 70psi?

Handbrake simply isnt designed to lock up the rear wheels when moving.

Stick 145 section tyres on the rear and inflate them to 70psi?

Handbrake simply isnt designed to lock up the rear wheels when moving.

Out of 14 cars this is the 1st one to do this! I don't lock e brake on straights but would like more throw when I do my hill climbs and gyhmkhana events

Is it the first car you've had with this type of rear braking setup?

Many cars with rear disks still have drums for the handbrake, which tend to be somewhat more effective.

Reactions: s3dave
Is it the first car you've had with this type of rear braking setup?

Many cars with rear disks still have drums for the handbrake, which tend to be somewhat more effective.

My last A3 same model, 4 x mk3 vr6's all locked when pulling the ebrake, this A3 even with the oem 16"s did not lock

The handbrake on mine holds the car fine but it would never be strong enough to do a handbrake turn or anything like that.

37252796.jpg

Reactions: Jay A3 and vivalacoulter