Torque App - Boost Not Being Read

HamsterHam

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have the torque app (Android) and an OBD2 bluetooth device however the Boost just stays on 0, says no reading available.

Anyone else had this problem and resolved it?

Thanks

HamsterHam

Hi there,
what year and model is your car? I don't think the app works with the AGU code engine. Does it display any of the other units?
eg. Intake temp, maf, revs and so on?
I'm using it with a 2000 APY S3 with no issues, without a little bit of info on your car, it's hard to say.
Callum.

Audi S3 1.8T 51 Plate. Revs work I know that much. Need to check the others. Do I need to change any settings?

Hmm that's a weird one.
The only setting I remember changing was in 'OBD2 Adapter Settings' and selected 'Faster communication'
Other than that it was plug and play.
The only thing I can suggest is try the website: Torque — OBD2 Performance and Diagnostics for your Vehicle and have a look in the wiki or ask on their forum.
Hope you get it sorted soon mate, it's a handy little gadget to have. I even went and bought a 7" tablet to run it, just trying to figure out a way to mount it without blocking the whole windscreen.
Best of luck,
Callum.

I'm sure someone on here done an install with a tablet. They used the keys that remove the radio and the removal slots, then bent the end tabs that stick out down/up and bonded that to a case for the tablet. Now you have a tablet case with 4 locating pins that fits over the radio and is totally removable.

Reactions: Lavis89
I setup a profile yeah. I'll have a root around and see what I can find shariain, thanks for letting me know.
Callum

Reactions: shariain
Is this just a app you can download on Android though?

you need to pay the full version to get boost , I use it on my a4 2003 all the time , handy app when your cruising down the motorway or stuck in traffic :readit:

Reactions: HamsterHam
Torque is a wireless bluetooth app , you need an obd2 bluetooth dongle to use it . although you can use a acable as well under andriod 4.1

Yeah I've been having a good look around, and that seems to be the best way, but I'm thinking of trying something like this I've seen for the TT

So I can mount a windscreen suction mount onto it. Just trying to figure out how to fix it into my air vents. I've got a few pieces of aluminium I'm going to have a play around with and see what I can come up with.
Callum.

This app sounds good had a look on eBay for a Bluetooth obd? Do you know if it would work with a s3 8l 1999 the ones I have looked at say 2001 onwards? And how much does the app cost?? Do you just go to app sort on your phone??

This app sounds good had a look on eBay for a Bluetooth obd? Do you know if it would work with a s3 8l 1999 the ones I have looked at say 2001 onwards? And how much does the app cost?? Do you just go to app sort on your phone??

This is the one I bought Super Mini OBD2 ELM327 V1.5 Bluetooth Car Scanner Android Torque Auto Scan Tool | eBay
Nice and small so it doesn't get in your way if your OBDII port is down to the right of the steering wheel.
The app only costs a few quid, and I've used it on mine a 2000 APY so it should work on yours too.
Callum.

Reactions: Chris Jones
Well, I've done it. This is the fruit of my labour this afternoon, a little 'pikey' but it does what I need it to do.

Plus the tablet is 16GB with a memory card slot, so I can finally have my 40GB music collection with my at all times.
Just need to run an in-car charger from the glove box, behind the centre console and out on the left hand side of the steering wheel.
Callum.

Don't think that looks to bad tbh
Nice work

Reactions: CMcKenzie
Cheers mate. I'm happy with it, that's all that really matters I guess.
Callum.

There is an app for iPhones, not sure of the name something like dash command I think. but you need a WiFi adaptor, not the Bluetooth one.
Callum.

I have now got myself an new android phone. So will be downloading the pro version. Just need to get a holder for my phone and the bluetooth obd bit.

just decided i shall be getting this :) and getting a vent mount for my crappy s2 so hopefully have it by the end of the week :D

Be careful with the vent mount they can easily break the slats. That's why i made a mount for the suction cup to mount on to.
Callum
Edit: just realised that the s2 shouldn't be. Heavy enough to cause damage. But my tablet is.

Worth mentioning that I used Torque pro to log my gains from a basic stage 1 to a stage 2+ full custom setup.

Logs were PERFECT from start to finish, and in my case the airflow /0.8 was within 1bhp of my output on R Techs rollers.

Not the case for everyone, but this App does just read the same information the ECU does. It's good.

Only for ME7 cars though.

Dash command app is an equivalent for Apple devices, but you need a wireless WIFI OBD2 sender, not Bluetooth.

There are loads of skins to chose from:

Be careful with the vent mount they can easily break the slats. That's why i made a mount for the suction cup to mount on to.
Callum
Edit: just realised that the s2 shouldn't be. Heavy enough to cause damage. But my tablet is.

yea i found one that puts the weight of the phone on the dash not the slats so should be ok :) the part that fits in the slat is basically to stop it from falling forward :) will get a pic tomoz

Torque works well...
Torque001.jpg

The wifi adaptors (recommended ones at least) are silly money... others can be had for 30 ish quid on eBay but no idea if they work... on Android the device needs to be rooted to allow a wifi device to work...

The bluetooth adaptor is laggy but take it at face value... its better than no visibility at all.. :)

<tuffty/>

Is this worth the £7 then? Plus the sender of course...

Think it was £4 when I downloaded it, definitely worth it. You can also make custom gauges, scales graphs etc, just like torque app.

I ordered an ELM 327 Wifi sender off ebay, was £13 delivered. It has been working fine for several months, but it a bit of a faff to setup for the first time. It makes a virtual wireless network, but there are plenty of instructions online.

When you compare it to the price of a liquid gauge etc, it seems a good value setup.