No radio when it rain. Audi a3 8l. New base or just seal

Can't comment on your problem but I just brought this for my S3 as the seal had fell apart but not caused a leak yet and this seal fits perfectly, came within 24 hours and took 5 minutes to fit. Worth a shot for your problem.

If your problem is like mine... water has got into the arial base,
I replaced the seal like you have shown on the link... this solved the leak but the radio is still very poor.
I fear like me you need a full base .

I would like to replace the base anyway because I looks bit aged. Where can I get one? Seen some on ebay but not sure which one

fitted a wee shark fin to mine looks good, had to cut the coax and rejoin works fine. one i bought was amplified but ccould not see a power cable to connect it to.

mark

Yeah power goes down coax. Don't know where standard amplifier is. I don't think it's in base but don't know. If I get amplified one and it doesn't get 12v then no good is it. Maybe if I knew where amp was could replace it

Never buy **** off ebay! Unless it's a 2nd hand or brand new Genuine audi vw part. Overwise It'll last 2 minutes then you will have to buy new parts all over again!

Where can I get one then. Don't fancy audi priced? Eurocarpaets or gig?

Anyone tried this
Roof mounted aerial part no 892vg0080
At gsf

Right put rubber gasket on. Looks loads better now but still poor reception. It's 03 sport. Where is the amplifier? In base or in car