Finally Fitted my Facelift lights and HID's

CMcKenzie

It's supposed to do that..
Reaction score
Hi gents,

After having my HID's I bought from the group buy back in march sat doing nothing and my wonderful girlfriend buying me some facelift lights for my birthday I thought I'd best get round to actually fitting them.

the whole process took me around 4 hours with fag breaks but that's mainly due to not really having a clue what to do, and I managed to fit the second light in about an hour once I knew what I was doing and having a dremmel really helped with cutting the wing and plastic out of the way.
It has really made a massive difference to the appearance of my car and I wish I'd of gotten round to doing it sooner.
Callum.

Before pics.

After pics.

Reactions: Jay A3, IrishDave, Andrew@A.L.D and 1 other person
Callum,

They look really smart, nice subtle change which makes an instant impact to the enthusiast! Top job! :icon_thumright:

Adam P

Reactions: CMcKenzie
Cheers for the replies guys, means a lot :thumbsup:
And now my pressed number plates have just turned up so I'm off to fit them.
Hopefully my armrest turns up tomorrow and I can get cracking with that!
Callum.

Looks really good, have just ordered some, is there much difference in brightness compared to your factory fitted xenons

It's absolute red, yes there was a big improvement in the new HIDs over factory ones. They're 6000k 35w, a bit bluer than standard but they look good and I'll try and get a pic of them up for you.
Callum

Here's some night shots,
I can't believe how bright they are!
Callum.

Reactions: Tony gold
Looks really good that does
Definitely going to be doing this :)

Reactions: CMcKenzie
My fog lights were really badly pitted and just generally looked tired. I'd seen other people tint their fogs with yellow film so thought I'd give it a shot.
Bought this Yellow Fog Light Headlight Tint Tinting Film Car Bike Van Wrap Sheet 60cm x 30cm | eBay easily enough to do a few sets and for a fiver I wasn't going to get to upset if I messed it up or didn't like the look.

Not the greatest pictures and it does look better in the flesh.
I know it's not to everyone's taste but it's a quick cheap way of fixing your tired looking fogs for not a lot of money.
Callum.

The uprated lights make a huge difference, well done.
Just love a red S3.

What did you do about the motors mate did you swap them over?

Was this easy enough to do then? Did you get any pictures of them in piece's
Or could you take a picture of what's left of back of your old light
Thanks chaz