EM TuningVolks Autos
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By @udi A3

Thread: Anyone handy with a spanner near SE London/ Kent

Neutral

Status

Anyone handy with a spanner near SE London/ Kent

Anyone interested in finishing off a clutch and flywheel change on my 1.8T 150?

The box is ready to come off (with some persuading it looks like) with driveshafts disconnected, all bolts have been put back into their correct positions where possible apart from the gearbox bolts obviously.

The car is on a private driveway, on axel stands with enough room underneath to work on without being too cramped.

I have all parts and fluids needed to complete the job.

If interested, give me a fixed price.

Reason being, im struggling to find enough hours in the day for time off work, decent weather and the girlfriend!

Please only reply if your competent at doing a job of this scale other wise unfinished, unsatisfactory work or damage to my car will not go down well.

Car is located in Bromley, Kent .

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Many people wont touch unfinished work like that. Get the GF involved and crack on with it!
    s3dave likes this.
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

Neutral

Status
    Lol believe me I've tried to persuade her to get her hands dirty. Completely agree with you though, its not ideal but I have gone out of my way to put all the bolts back as I've removed parts for easy assembly so if someone decides to take the job on then they wont be given a bag full of nuts and bolts and left to figure out where they all go.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Good luck, as said above its not ideal going in after someone as been there.....

6th Gear

Status
    Next time your feeling angry, rain or shine, get that box off, clutch changed and box back on. with that out of the way youll feel you have accomplished something and motivate to get it done.
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    if you do get a taker you wont get a fixed price
    anything could happen to add hours to the job.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    if you do get a taker you wont get a fixed price
    anything could happen to add hours to the job.
    Well said, even a garage would not give a fixed price as it is without adding 10-20% extra to allow for surprises ! The way i see it is you're a bit fussy so it would be better if you finish what you started ! Don't get me wrong, i was about to offer to fit it for you but the transverse engines are quite a pain to work on, the box needs turning on it's axis which is not too easy under the car on the drive. I have done many and i know what i am talking about !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Neutral

Status
    Yeah I am a bit fussy but the manner of my OP was mainly to put off anyone that isnt so sure on what to do but would like to "have a go" on someone else's car. Its looking like ill carry on this weekend with it which isn't too much bother but it really irritates me when you get stuck on something simple which sucks up all the time. With the audi how it is now it has given me de ja vue of the gearbox change I did on my Mondeo the other month and how horrific that was to maneuver out of the engine bay and back onto the block by my self.

So yeah, wise move deciding against it id say adamss24 lol.