• 1 Post By S3 Paul
  • 2 Post By Prawn
  • 3 Post By quattrojames
  • 6 Post By sidibear

Thread: The Forum of one up man ship...

...It's Never Finished...

Status

The Forum of one up man ship...

Don't know what's a matter with everyone one here lately...... Haven't been on here for a while so I can see a big difference in people's attitudes and what people think is acceptable behavior.... Don't really want to put any progress of how my car is going on what's the point.... Just so people can pull it to bits... Mods need to be a bit more sterner I think..... THIS IS NOT THE WAY FORWARD..... Just saying....
    Prawn, g60leigh, 16Klappe and 3 others like this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I blame the weather..
    fema|| likes this.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Agreed, my build is coming along nicely and have well documented it, whether i post it on here is a different matter, just dont see the point at the moment,
    Maybe everybody has the end of season blues??
    g60leigh and Jason.s like this.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    How stern would you like us to be? Some like the banter, others not so much.

We rely heavily on the report button, that way the OP gets the chance to decide whether they like the comments or not

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Yeah the mods can not control peoples views,,,
    jojo and Broken Byzan like this.

Status
    It's just making for really tedious reading.... And basically spoiling people's threads....

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Everything looks fine from where I'm sitting!
    s3dave likes this.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Everything looks fine from where I'm sitting!
    Got splinters??? LMAO

Status
    Just my own personal opinion.... As everyone else is getting there's in...

4th Gear

Status
    True very *****y and childish, shame instead of celebrating other peoples successes its more about shooting it down or discrediting it.
    Badger 5 tuned 340 bhp / 350 lbft sleeper

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Again, it's opinions. If you look back at the thread and / or other menas of communications you can see questions getting asked, data being collected and various opinions on what may or may not be wrong. Then you have peoples opionons on the opinions, and then we have the MPs at the back yelling "Here here".

Just adds fuel to it all.

We are all human and entitled to our opinions, with this being a public forum opinions are easy to come by .

If you guys see something you do not think is appropriate in your thread, or indeed another PLEASE bite your tounge and report it, we will get in there and sort it out as fast as possible to avoid things elevating itno tit fot tat style conversations

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    meh. the place is full of keyboard warriers and people with no valuable input sticking their oar in where it's not required.

No wonder it's going down hill....
    voorhees, 16Klappe, A3-Lee and 1 others like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Agreed, my build is coming along nicely and have well documented it, whether i post it on here is a different matter, just dont see the point at the moment,
    Maybe everybody has the end of season blues??
    Likewise Dave. I can't be bothered to update mine anywhere near as much any more, it either gets very few replies, or unhelpful ones trying to antagonise.

Oddly, we seem to sit on two different sides of the fence, yet share exactly the same views.

Where did it all go wrong?

g60leigh likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Likewise Dave. I can't be bothered to update mine anywhere near as much any more, it either gets very few replies, or unhelpful ones trying to antagonise.

Oddly, we seem to sit on two different sides of the fence, yet share exactly the same views.

That makes me sad. First Mr Pinder vacates CGTI and now this. Bad times indeed. Though I am primarily an 8P user I do actually spend most of my time in the 8L section. Mostly for the builds but also for the banter. Although the latter seems to be dragging it down recently by sometimes going too far.

In regards to the "mods should be more stern" point; do not forget they are in the grand scheme a relatively small group of people when compared to the HUGE user base on ASN. Who give up their own free time/effort to help run the forum. As what Byzan said, simply using the report button for content you don't think is appropriate can make their job a lot easier and more efficient.

Just my 2 cents. You can tell me to GTFO back to the 8P section now if you want
    2008 E92 BMW 335i M-sport
    1990 Golf GTi w/ a 20v heart BUILD THREAD
    Full VCDS

2006 A3 2.0T quattro S-line R.I.P. You will be missed.

** Breaking - 8L 1997 Audi A3 1.8T. **

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    I can't be arsed with it anymore.

The northern lot as I shall refer to them so as not to pick anybody out have turned into some sort of over opinionated mini mafia, the moderators aren't harsh enough so people just get away with murder, all the newbies think they know it all and all of the old hands think they can't be arsed anymore. Certain members are running around reporting EVERYTHING because they think it is funny and nobody can see their **** stiring, the intelligence level of newbies is getting lower and lower, and the questions they ask are always the same. Everybody says their tuner is better than this, or your tuner doesn't do that.

Take my thread for example, it gets messed up by a couple of ****ers voicing their opinions in the wrong place then all of a sudden it is me who's being made out like the bad guy in the moderating room and I'm the one who would most likely end up losing out by having my thread shut.

How is that fair? I'd love to know how the people who thought that was a good outcome think.

I don't blame it on anyone or thing in particular, just generally this place is full of ****s now. As such I have hardly been on here for the last few weeks and don't think I will bother making much effort anymore, all the write.ups and reviews I have done never get read by the people they should, nobody ever listens to anyone on here and somebody has already done it better.

This place is a joke now.
    Last edited by 16Klappe; 29th October 2013 at 06:38.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis583 View Post
    That makes me sad. First Mr Pinder vacates CGTI and now this. Bad times indeed. ar.
    If it's of any use to you for reference stuff Nige's build thread is available elsewhere in full, PM me if you need details

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post

Jealousy, is the word that comes to mind here.
    Adam P likes this.
    Tovs

Neutral

Status
    The op states that members are pulling all their hard work to bits, on doing their mods, is the op no better now slating other members on the way they behave, or have i missed something, every one is entitled to his and her say.

Does it really make that much difference to what others may or may not think, its your car do what you like.

1st Gear

Status
    I'm from the north and I value everyones opinion . I think everyone should b given a chance in life and in this forum . I was pushed towards this site because everyone was so helpful . We should all have drink together forget the cars and have a good laugh .

RIP S3dave

Status
    whilst antogonistic trolls are allowed to continue to wind and provoke, get banned, get reinstated, and repeat and yet still remain users, this will not change. You know who you are!

how many bans can a user have and still be allowed back in, to only do the same thing again and again and get banned then reinstated.. Some folks are incapable of changing their keyboard warrier muppet like posting.... They contribute what exactly to the forum apart from antagonising others......... often preceeded in their own defence by "I am only saying what others are thinking" << Well to that, others are clearly more intelligent and dont feel the urge to post anything which pops into their head.. How old are you? Thats toddler behaviour. Also when they say "I am only saying what others are thinking", since when did people have telepathy to read others minds?

limp wristed moderation in this aspect IMHO

ALSO, Those who post "bragging" look at me type threads, are equally to blame, as this is never going to do anything other than provoke others to retort. Think about it. Rant on here... rant on facebook about here.. and receive the abuse and criticism that this invites... Take a long hard look at yourselves. Sender & receiver
    Prawn, Adam P and audiholic ste like this.
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

6th Gear

Status
    I know its probably due to the anger of seeing things again and again but 2 of the above members have had serious pops at me, It changed my view of them but i saw no point in reporting it.
    There are lots of ways to do things , Tuning a car is no different.
    Some ways are proven to be better, But others still make these mistakes...
    Just how it is.
    Jason.s likes this.
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Paul View Post
    I know its probably due to the anger of seeing things again and again but 2 of the above members have had serious pops at me, It changed my view of them but i saw no point in reporting it.
    There are lots of ways to do things , Tuning a car is no different.
    Some ways are proven to be better, But others still make these mistakes...
    Just how it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan BAHons View Post
    How stern would you like us to be? Some like the banter, others not so much.

We rely heavily on the report button, that way the OP gets the chance to decide whether they like the comments or not.

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

Status
    Good to know. I shall make much more frequent use of the reporting system in future
    Jason.s and ScottD3 like this.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    limp wristed moderation in this aspect IMHO
    There's at least two posts you've made in the last month which would have earnt you a ban, so maybe our "limp wristed moderation" works in your favour.

Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Take my thread for example, it gets messed up by a couple of ****ers voicing their opinions in the wrong place then all of a sudden it is me who's being made out like the bad guy in the moderating room
    I'm not sure where you got that from Jardo, you might be surprised to hear that in actual fact that's not the case.
    16Klappe, Jason.s and ScottD3 like this.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Looking for Zombies !!

Status
    I don't read the pub thread or the A3 section so I don't have a dog in the fight, but to me its these two sections that take up most of the mods time with the usual suspects goading and antagonising. Its this in fighting with the differing cliques that is starting to drag this forum down. If you don't have anything constructive to say, or posting just to be negative to get a response, then don't say or post it.

We mods and admin do this for free for the benefit of everyone on here, not just to spend our time moderating posts from the same people who seem intent on winding people up.
    I for one have had enough and will start using the ban button, if you don't like it then tough, you can't say you wasn't warned.

Please feel free to report this post.
    Last edited by sidibear; 29th October 2013 at 11:23.
    S3 Paul, AJC, quattrojames and 3 others like this.

JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions