And its goodbye from me...

S3quatt

Flat Oot like a ducks Foot
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well after 7 years of pretty much trouble free service, the S3 will be moving on to a new owner within the month after the paperwork comes back for the number plate. At 71k & a mediocre average of 6k a year, the 8l has without a doubt been one of the best cars I have owned & that's been up against some stiff competition including Scooby's & Porkers!

The 8L forum has had been a great source of information from top to bottom for me & everyone else I'm sure. From suspension & brakes to interior & performance mods & trouble shooting.

After several test drives of a few other manufacturers, I narrowed it down to an RS4, S5 4.2 & 3.0, RS3 & 8V S3.
(Can't keep away from the four rings ;-)

I've pretty much settled on the new S3 sportback, as it seems to be the perfect all round package for my needs. I just need to decide on the final spec.

Big thank you to all on here, from the likes of Glen (Ess_Three) & Jojo in the early days, to the new 8L legends, Tuffty, Badger Bill, Jardo, Westy, & Prawn to name a few.

Although I haven't gone down the monster build route, it's been interesting, informative & entertaining to say the least!

I've been tempted to mothball the S3 & stow it in a lock up for a few years in the hope that some day it might be a future classic.
I probably would have, had it dropped to the value of a couple of grand, but getting the money I did for it, I feel it was still worth selling. (Something I'm sure I'm going to regret I'm sure)

Once again, thanks to everyone on here for the input over the years & I'll still look in to see who's slaying GTR's & the likes ;-)

S3quatt

Reactions: Nilz, jojo, Sandra and 2 others
Did you have it up for sale somewhere?
Any ads to view for interest. ;)

So you are upgrading to the newer model! Not going to far then! :icon_thumright:

Nah, Sticking with the '3 So hope the new one lives up to expectations.
Big boots to fill ;-)

Reactions: jojo