N Jack BAM Progress Thread

N Jack S3

Reaction score
Hi, just bought my 1st Audi, it's the S3 8l model.

Having done the French then fast Ford scenes I wanted a change.

My mate has an S3 and took me out in it for spin and I was hooked!

I don't have any pics as of yet as I won't be picking it up until Friday but I will post some up when I get it home.

I've had a quick browse through some threads and it looks like a great forum with people who know what they are talking about!

Cheers for looking at my thread!

Nick :)

Hi welcome to the fourm

I'm from Fareham, there is a monthly vag meet in Portsmouth next one will be Thursday 28th November, at Hilsea lido, clicky if you wanted to pop along.

Rhys

Hi Nick, welcome to audi-sport.net. Lots of info in the faqs thread. Look forward to the pics. Enjoy the forum. :) x

My mate has an S3 and took me out in it for spin and I was hooked!

[/QUOTE]

Glad I managed to persuade you away from another french car and towards the light! :laugh:

On a serious note though, you have purchased a mint example! Unmodified, low mileage and excellent body work. Im sure the guys on here will approve.

Rhys1210 : I have been looking for a decent vag meet/group local so might have a look at your link too :whistle2:

Adam P

Reactions: N Jack S3
Yea would be good to have some fellow s3 owners along to the meet.

Reactions: Adam P
Welcome to the forum mate. I work in soton and only live up the road.

Had no idea there was a monthly vag meet in Pompey either, may have to pop along to that :)

Reactions: N Jack S3
I'll post something up in the meet section about it, with all the details soon.

Well I couldn't wait until Friday to collect the car so here are some pics, so happy to have it home on the drive:yahoo:

The car is a 2003 s3 with the BAM engine with 90k on the clock. The car is completely standard with no performance modifications, which is exactly what I was after.

The first thing im going to do is put my private registration on the car and give it a good wash and polish.

Thanks
Nick

Reactions: Nilz and Alex C
Looks very tidy! Silver S3's always seems to look fresh

very clean! wish my interior was that clean, mine has 10k less miles but the buttons are all worn to hell :( (and isn't a s3)

Welcome to the money pit :)
I agree, silver on an S3 always seems to make them look a lot newer and fresher.
And I'm mega jealous of your armrest. Wish mine would hurry up and arrive :(
Callum.

Thanks for the comments guys! Im really pleased with it! :)
The silver was what attracted me to it in the 1st place. I understand the armrests break all the time so i must be lucky in having a working one, (fingers crossed it stays working!) lol

Nick

Believe it or not there is a repair kit for the arm rest.

As I ordered one for mine and the Audi parts bloke said he didn't know it existed.

Part number for future help is 8l0898173

Reactions: s3dave
They think of everything at Audi, thanks rhys thats a great help as my mates armrest on his S3 has recently stopped working.

Nick

there are 3 colours for the arm rest too.

8L0898173 3zq is maritime blue
8L0898173 42r is jive (grey beige)
8L0898173 6ps is soul (black)

Cool another 8L S3er in Southampton :)

Defo up for meeting more local`s so will check out the pompey VAG meet too.

I shall post up a meet thread as soon as I hear details of where it is. But it should be on the 27th at Hilsea lido, in Portsmouth.

Well it was time to wash the car after owning it for a few weeks now, so i popped over to see Adam P who lent me some of his detailing products to try out and the car is now gleaming and protected for the winter. :icon_thumright: I also caught up with vrbob and adam in the week and he kindly scanned my car for faults and gave it the once over :beerchug: I have a few small niggles to sort out but nothing too major which I'm chuffed with. Anyway heres a couple of pics of the car after its detail.

Thanks
Nick

Reactions: Adam P
Looking good and shiney mate :)

Did you find that link to the after run pump I told you about?

Cheers rob, ever since we left your house the other might it has worked fine so maybe it was just a dirty. I will keep an eye on it and if I stops again i will use the link you mentioned. Thanks for all the helpful tips the other night too mate it's great to meet with someone so knowledgable :)

thanks rhys I will be there hopefully with a few more s3's too!

The car is really looking mint now mate! In the flesh its condition is eye catching! :hubbahubba:
Everybody loves a clean s3! Bet you cant wait to throw some Christmas cash at it! :rockwoot:

Right, a few little updates over the last couple of months. I know your all going to say i should have got the b5 80mm tip however this Samco one came up at an unmissable price still sealed new in its packaging so i paired this up with a jetex filter with a heat shield to be added shortly.

There were two items on the car that need/needed to be sorted in the short term. These were:

1.) to replace my after run pump as mine has packed up
2.) Brake discs, pads and fluid all need replacing

With some advice and help from Vrbob we managed to source a new run down pump and i headed over to his to have it fitted with the tip and induction too. Just wanted to say a big thanks to him for his help and advice, top bloke! Here are a few pictures.

Next on the list is sorting the brakes, followed by a forge 007p DV and hopefully a stage 1 remap if all goes to plan.

Am also planning to attend ultimate dubs on the 9th of March with a few other members which should be good :thumbsup:

That's it for now.

Cheers
Nick

Reactions: Adam P and vrbob
I do like a nice clean silver S3.... mines looking very dusty/dirty at the moment... a big clean is due once I have the old girl back on the road...

Does look like your bodywork is a little tidier than mine though so don't park too close to mine at the shows LOL...

:D

<tuffty/>

Reactions: kwistof
Looking very good for a car of its age, nice one!

Get yourself the Werkstat Acrylic Kit. Makes Silver cars look absolutely stunning and super easy to use.

Reactions: <tuffty/>
...Get yourself the Werkstat Acrylic Kit. Makes Silver cars look absolutely stunning and super easy to use.

Seconded... its all I use on mine... its fecking awesome..!

CRW_4589.jpg

<tuffty/>

Reactions: N Jack S3, vrbob, leeds2592 and 1 other person
Looking good mate, nice and tidy example you have there (in the fastest colour too) :)

Reactions: sssline
I recognise those beautiful hands :) forgot you took some pics whilst fitting your TIP etc.

Have you got the heatshield installed yet? if not bring it tonight and we can chuck it on quickly for you before I crack on with Adams rocker gasket.

Thanks for all the positive replies :)

I love the silver it just looks sleek and clean just how the germans intended! lol

is that your silver one Tuffty? It looks mint!

Thanks again rob for all youe help with it! The heatshield hasnt arrived yey but hopefully wont be too much longer. See you tonight mate.

Nick

Thanks again rob for all youe help with it! The heatshield hasnt arrived yey but hopefully wont be too much longer. See you tonight mate.

Nick

Ah ok no probs as long as that cable tie is keeping the TIP secure you should be ok as we all know having a floppy TIP is no good at all!

Rhys1210: is that the dubscene meet you mentioned about near the start of this thread?

looks wicked jack! not bringing my silver one out to park next to your though! :crying:

Ah ok no probs as long as that cable tie is keeping the TIP secure you should be ok as we all know having a floppy TIP is no good at all!

I think that problem only applies to the older asn members! ;)

Yeah, thats mine... on one of her better days lol... looking a little sorry for herself currently..

It looks sweet in that pic mate lol

Nick

As you know brakes were next on my list to sort and after talking to Adam and Rob i was unsure what route to take. Replace oem with oem and just up-rate the pads to ebc red stuff or look for some lcr brembos or something a bit more heavy duty. Basically to cut a long story short Rob found a bargain on gumtree and sent the link over within a few hours i had purchased them and me and Adam were on the way to collect them the same evening. I got the callipers discs and good pads all for a steal. The callipers had even been serviced by AP racing a couple of months ago. Always fancied a set of these on my previous cars but am glad I waited this long as the s3 is definitly more worthy of this setup!

Another little picture, but I'm sure Adam will explain when he updates his thread in the next couple of days! :whistle2: