• 1 Post By s33nyboy12
  • 1 Post By jamspoon1991
  • 2 Post By kwistof
  • 2 Post By kwistof

Thread: Tuners in south east?

Neutral

Status

Tuners in south east?

Any experiences with tuners in south east (kent, essex etc) ?

What to go down the remap with maybe exhaust system route soon. Was thinking AMD as they in essex.

Cheers for any input.

Steve

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    R tech....end of thread!!!
    Grale1 and Tim_Attard like this.

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Tim_Attard on Facebook
    r-tech may be a bit of a trip (im south easy too) but it will be worth the journey, as for work wise parsons performance is highly recommended who i also use for things i don't want to do, ben's a great guy and is on here time to time have a Google

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/187166-tims-max-power-a3.html

Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Don't listen to him Tim, You're my hero, I'm proud of you.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MARC87 View Post
    R tech....end of thread!!!
    You forgot Badger
    He's Gloucester so closer for you (ish)..now end of thread
    TonyH38 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    TDI south.

1st Gear

Status
    Agreed with the above, I'm in Essex and when my new engines built, run in and ready......it will only be visiting bill or nikki (diary space depending)

Has to be said, that AMD are another option, plug and play remap so nothing tailored for your engine, just the 1.8 20vt and your engine code. Stage 1. 2 etc etc

Choice is yours, but do your research :D

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    You forgot Badger
    He's Gloucester so closer for you (ish)..now end of thread
    ive not had any experience with bill...but from what ive heard and seen of his work i definately would

Reverse Gear

Status
    i have had the same problem i dont know where to go? would it be really worth me going so far for a map and exhaust? i heard r tech and badger 5 are good and all but surley there is something closer lol?

5th Gear

Status
    There is only two in the whole world!.... They are niki at r tech Hinckley and bill badger 5 in Gloucester .

end of.

( they are the last two in the world ) I promise :-D
    voorhees likes this.
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

...It's Never Finished...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s33nyboy12 View Post
    There is only two in the whole world!.... They are niki at r tech Hinckley and bill badger 5 in Gloucester .

end of.

( they are the last two in the world ) I promise :-D
    Really.....lol

Neutral

Status
    Ok thanks, are you being paid to advertise these only two lol.
    Just kidding, what will make them better than any other tuner?
    There is one in bexleyheath called Flash remapping, got a card at a car show I believe, nice website but have no more experience.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSAS View Post
    Ok thanks, are you being paid to advertise these only two lol.
    Just kidding, what will make them better than any other tuner?
    There is one in bexleyheath called Flash remapping, got a card at a car show I believe, nice website but have no more experience.
    im not being paid, and I personally haven't used either of them for my own cars....... But lots of my friends and lots on here have, and I've never heard a bad word said about either!

what makes them better?
    Simple, experience and the research and development they have put into tuning the vag 1.8t engine. These two are still developing and progressing in the tuning of the 1.8t 20v engine where as most others are using generic ten year old software.

I guarantee you won't be disappointed if you go to one of them..... Well apart from how fully booked they usually are which speaks volumes in itself.

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

Reverse Gear

Status
    i had fast road conversions get in contact with me from this website they seem really good done research and they have done some good work thwy are in ashford cheaper than amd ? i just not sure about where to go still i mean them two you have mentioned are good and speak for them selfs but its a longgggg way lol
    Fast Road likes this.

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by jamspoon1991 View Post
    i had fast road conversions get in contact with me from this website they seem really good done research and they have done some good work thwy are in ashford cheaper than amd ? i just not sure about where to go still i mean them two you have mentioned are good and speak for them selfs but its a longgggg way lol
    Fast road conversions seems pretty good on fabricating exhausts- I've seen and heard a few systems they have installed, one of which being on an 8L S3.

In terms of a re-map, MTFU and make the mission to Badger 5 or R-tech....I've been to Bills twice now and I'm tucked up way in the SE of the UK....it's easily do able and well worth the trip.

Chris
    Grale1 and Fast Road like this.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Guess what I drive...

Status

My Social Networking

Add Vex182 on Facebook
    I've used r-tech and live round the corner so I pop I from time to time. I have met Bill and tuffy when I visited Badger5 to pickup a Jetex Filter.
    Silver 2002 Audi S3 225 (BAM) since March 2011.

Mods: Badger5 2.2 TIP, Jetex filter, PCV delete, 710 DV, Standard N249 in use, R-Tech Stage 1 TiV Remap, Audi TT Pedals, Red Dogbone, Polybushed tie arms. All silicone boost pipes, Michelin PS3s, Red V6 coil packs, MK4 flat blade conversion, retrofited cruise control.
    Currently: 254bhp - 276lb/ft (174bhp/ton) as of 11/02/2013 On V-Power

6th Gear

Status
    Go to AMD if its close to you and you were thinking of going there in the first place. Im sure they`ll do a decent job for what you want.

There are others in the country like the above posts but if you dont want to travel much dont feel pressured or be convinced that they are the only ones in the whole country that can do a good job.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status

Tuners in south east?

I used to live in Hertfordshire and I now have experience of Bills work, Nicki's work, and also a local flash mapper who has since gone bust.

My stage 1 map was done by ChippedUK and was a straight forward flash with no logs or anything like that. It felt great to start with and I was well happy.

A few years later I ended up heading to see Bill for a rollin road session. The map I had turned out to be a turd and the fueling was really really bad. Bill flashes on a stage 1 revo and tweaked the boost and fuel to get te best out of my car. Turbo was tired and the car couldn't produce more then 250bhp.

I removed my turbo and sent it off to be refurbished. Turns out its wrecked and unrepairable. This was a result of the poor fueling from the original map. New turbo arrived and was fitted along with a 3"DP, decat, and FMIC.

Back to Bill (3 hour drive each way) for a stage 2 map. This time fuel pump flagged up as being weak, probably from the original map. Still made lowish power (260ish) to protect the shagged pump. Back again a few months later with new fuel pump and I had a nice healthy car that produced a nice figure and felt fast. Can't remember the figures.

Fast forward a bit more, I fully rebuild the engine with rods, reconditioned large port head, manifold ect ect. The original map had also claimed the lives of the K04 mani, and the head which were both severely cracked. I had moved house and RTech were 1hour 45 away compared to 3.5 hours to Bills so I thought I'd try out RTech for a custom map and the rest is history.

Anyway, sorry for the long post but my point is I've had experience of Badger5, RTech, and just a flash tuner. I live in the south east and I really do think it's worth the effort to make the journey (even a few times) to get the best service, the best advice, and the best results that your car can produce.

Bottom line is to make sure the car has a full health check prior to mapping and that you get graphs showing the fuelling after the mapping. As described above, a poor fuelling map can destroy a lost of expensive parts:

Head
    Exhaust mani
    Turbo
    Fuel pump

That's a good £2k there which was a big learning curve for me.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    All this talk of tuners and the like in the SE....

Maybe it would be a great idea on linking up with some other fellow ASN South East members to discuss things in person rather than through a forum, so you can see first hand the work garages have done on 8Ls and other Audis...

Maybe like here ;-)

ASN 17th November meet at Maidstone Audi

Westy and Tim_Attard like this.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.