Tuners in south east?

S

SteveSAS

Any experiences with tuners in south east (kent, essex etc) ?

What to go down the remap with maybe exhaust system route soon. Was thinking AMD as they in essex.

Cheers for any input.

Steve

r-tech may be a bit of a trip (im south easy too) but it will be worth the journey, as for work wise parsons performance is highly recommended who i also use for things i don't want to do, ben's a great guy and is on here time to time have a Google

Agreed with the above, I'm in Essex and when my new engines built, run in and ready......it will only be visiting bill or nikki (diary space depending)

Has to be said, that AMD are another option, plug and play remap so nothing tailored for your engine, just the 1.8 20vt and your engine code. Stage 1. 2 etc etc

Choice is yours, but do your research :D

i have had the same problem i dont know where to go? would it be really worth me going so far for a map and exhaust? i heard r tech and badger 5 are good and all but surley there is something closer lol?

There is only two in the whole world!.... They are niki at r tech Hinckley and bill badger 5 in Gloucester .

end of.

( they are the last two in the world ) I promise :-D

Reactions: voorhees
Ok thanks, are you being paid to advertise these only two lol.
Just kidding, what will make them better than any other tuner?
There is one in bexleyheath called Flash remapping, got a card at a car show I believe, nice website but have no more experience.

Ok thanks, are you being paid to advertise these only two lol.
Just kidding, what will make them better than any other tuner?
There is one in bexleyheath called Flash remapping, got a card at a car show I believe, nice website but have no more experience.

im not being paid, and I personally haven't used either of them for my own cars....... But lots of my friends and lots on here have, and I've never heard a bad word said about either!

what makes them better?
Simple, experience and the research and development they have put into tuning the vag 1.8t engine. These two are still developing and progressing in the tuning of the 1.8t 20v engine where as most others are using generic ten year old software.

I guarantee you won't be disappointed if you go to one of them..... Well apart from how fully booked they usually are which speaks volumes in itself.

Sean

i had fast road conversions get in contact with me from this website they seem really good done research and they have done some good work thwy are in ashford cheaper than amd ? i just not sure about where to go still i mean them two you have mentioned are good and speak for them selfs but its a longgggg way lol

Reactions: Fast Road
i had fast road conversions get in contact with me from this website they seem really good done research and they have done some good work thwy are in ashford cheaper than amd ? i just not sure about where to go still i mean them two you have mentioned are good and speak for them selfs but its a longgggg way lol

Fast road conversions seems pretty good on fabricating exhausts- I've seen and heard a few systems they have installed, one of which being on an 8L S3.

In terms of a re-map, MTFU and make the mission to Badger 5 or R-tech....I've been to Bills twice now and I'm tucked up way in the SE of the UK....it's easily do able and well worth the trip.

Chris

Reactions: Fast Road and Grale1
I've used r-tech and live round the corner so I pop I from time to time. I have met Bill and tuffy when I visited Badger5 to pickup a Jetex Filter.

Go to AMD if its close to you and you were thinking of going there in the first place. Im sure they`ll do a decent job for what you want.

There are others in the country like the above posts but if you dont want to travel much dont feel pressured or be convinced that they are the only ones in the whole country that can do a good job.

I used to live in Hertfordshire and I now have experience of Bills work, Nicki's work, and also a local flash mapper who has since gone bust.

My stage 1 map was done by ChippedUK and was a straight forward flash with no logs or anything like that. It felt great to start with and I was well happy.

A few years later I ended up heading to see Bill for a rollin road session. The map I had turned out to be a **** and the fueling was really really bad. Bill flashes on a stage 1 revo and tweaked the boost and fuel to get te best out of my car. Turbo was tired and the car couldn't produce more then 250bhp.

I removed my turbo and sent it off to be refurbished. Turns out its wrecked and unrepairable. This was a result of the poor fueling from the original map. New turbo arrived and was fitted along with a 3"DP, decat, and FMIC.

Back to Bill (3 hour drive each way) for a stage 2 map. This time fuel pump flagged up as being weak, probably from the original map. Still made lowish power (260ish) to protect the shagged pump. Back again a few months later with new fuel pump and I had a nice healthy car that produced a nice figure and felt fast. Can't remember the figures.

Fast forward a bit more, I fully rebuild the engine with rods, reconditioned large port head, manifold ect ect. The original map had also claimed the lives of the K04 mani, and the head which were both severely cracked. I had moved house and RTech were 1hour 45 away compared to 3.5 hours to Bills so I thought I'd try out RTech for a custom map and the rest is history.

Anyway, sorry for the long post but my point is I've had experience of Badger5, RTech, and just a flash tuner. I live in the south east and I really do think it's worth the effort to make the journey (even a few times) to get the best service, the best advice, and the best results that your car can produce.

Bottom line is to make sure the car has a full health check prior to mapping and that you get graphs showing the fuelling after the mapping. As described above, a poor fuelling map can destroy a lost of expensive parts:

Head
Exhaust mani
Turbo
Fuel pump

That's a good £2k there which was a big learning curve for me.

Reactions: Tim_Attard and Westy