Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: R-Tech stage 2 plus. Is my car ready?

5th Gear

Status

R-Tech stage 2 plus. Is my car ready?

Once I get my clutch replaced I'm looking for a custom map.
    Been in touch with r-tech and I think I'm close to the spec needed for the stage 2 plus.

My two worry areas are.

1 Bar plus actuator needed - I'm running standard K04 actuator which comfortably holds over one Barr. Is this sufficient? Or do I need one that holds 1 bar with n75 disconnected.

Intercooler.
    I have a ah fabs v1 intercooler. If I upgrade the pipework to 2.5" will the core be up to the job?

I'm aiming for 300bhp - turbo permitting.

I have the WMI installed already and have Bosch 550's in their way over the pond to me.

I'm hoping I'm close to spec needed.
    Westy likes this.

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Bills lupo runs the V1 core with 63mm pipework at 300hp... be fine

<tuffty/>
    g60leigh likes this.
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1997181
    Bills lupo runs the V1 core with 63mm pipework at 300hp... be fine

<tuffty/>
    That would be great if it would. I have WMI set up too so should be extra help. Never (yet) had any heat problems.

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Leigh what's your cara full spec? Similar to mine I think.

Don't worry about the actuator too much as niki won't go above 21psi.
    g60leigh likes this.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

5th Gear

Status
    Forge FMDV008 Recirculation Dump Valve
    Revo Stage 2 ECU Map
    Badger 5 V2 TIP with J&R Cone filter and Heat Shield
    TFSI Coil packs with NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Evap removal
    Miltek Cat back stainless steel exhaust
    AH Fabrications V1 front mount intercooler
    Relentless V2 tubular steel manifold
    Relentless V3 3” Down pipe and 200 cell sports catalytic converter
    Oil catch can and PCV removal
    Titanium manifold heat shield
    AEM 30-3000 Progressive WMI

Running standard K04 but seems strong

Just had timing belt. Water pump. Oil pump and pick up changed on last service (2weeks ago)

Stage 3 paddle clutch coming soon.

2001 S3 (AMK)

5th Gear

Status
    I'm gong off of the email I received from one of the guys at r-tech and that was on their requirement list for stage 2 plus.

2001 S3 (AMK)

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    If you want an actuator.. BBT is the man. I only popped one on because mine was fubard! But just turned out it made everything better lol! Have you got a manifold? My injectors maxed out at 280bhp!
    g60leigh likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gops View Post
    If you want an actuator.. BBT is the man. I only popped one on because mine was fubard! But just turned out it made everything better lol! Have you got a manifold? My injectors maxed out at 280bhp!
    Relentless v2 exhaust mani.
    Standard inlet.

Bosch 550's on way ready. Still need adaptors though.

2001 S3 (AMK)

Status
    Same a mine Leigh except I have a decat. How's your fuel pump?
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

5th Gear

Status
    Fuel pump is fine as far as I know. Is there a way of testing?

2001 S3 (AMK)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by g60leigh View Post
    Fuel pump is fine as far as I know. Is there a way of testing?
    You can put a gauge on the fuel line to check. My pump was brand new but that is one o the big mods that people don't realise.

I'm excited to see what yours can do.
    g60leigh likes this.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    You can put a gauge on the fuel line to check. My pump was brand new but that is one o the big mods that people don't realise.

I'm excited to see what yours can do.
    Will look into that. Thanks for the heads up. May hit eBay to price one up.

I'm excited myself for this. I'm running stage two revo now with a few adjustments on the SPS switch. But never been one to chase rolling road figures. So don't truly know what I'm at now.

2001 S3 (AMK)

5th Gear

Status
    Do you know what pressure it should be running?
    Looking a fuel pressure gauges now lol.

2001 S3 (AMK)

Status
    Do you know what pressure it should be running?
    Looking a fuel pressure gauges now lol.
    I can't remember but bill posted on a thread in the last 2 weeks advising someone of the pressure.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

5th Gear

Status
    Found it.

It should be 3 Barr + boost pressure and rise with boost.
    Westy likes this.

2001 S3 (AMK)

5th Gear

Status
    Be worth checking for boost leaks before the remap, in case there is something that is not as simple as just tightening up the clamp.
    g60leigh likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Scullies View Post
    Be worth checking for boost leaks before the remap, in case there is something that is not as simple as just tightening up the clamp.
    Given it a thorough visual after getting it back from timing belt. And holding boost with no drop off.
    Unfortunately I don't have access to a smoke tester. Would love to test with one of them.

2001 S3 (AMK)

5th Gear

Status
    I use a compressor hooked up to the TIP and squirt soapy water over joints and look out for bubbles. mcgyver mechanics 101

5th Gear

Status
    I've got a tester I can use similar to that. If I can adapt it to fit K04 tip.

2001 S3 (AMK)

...It's Never Finished...

Status
    My pal has a smoke tester Leigh.... Manser motors over on the BonLea.... Behind the old Audi Garage...
    g60leigh likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cecilthesausage View Post
    My pal has a smoke tester Leigh.... Manser motors over on the BonLea.... Behind the old Audi Garage...
    You know how much he would charge to run a test Rob?

2001 S3 (AMK)

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Id be inclined to get an uprated actuator from dan.
    Whilst it might not give bigger headline figures, not that youre chasing any, but power and torque will be sustained longer, that will be a big difference in performance from a car that hdas a weak stock one.
    Gops' results speak for themselves.
    g60leigh likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    Id be inclined to get an uprated actuator from dan.
    Whilst it might not give bigger headline figures, not that youre chasing any, but power and torque will be sustained longer, that will be a big difference in performance from a car that hdas a weak stock one.
    Gops' results speak for themselves.
    How much of a job is it to fit on the S3? Is it a turbo off job or can it be done in situ?

Thanks for all the pointers guys.

2001 S3 (AMK)

...It's Never Finished...

Status
    You know how much he would charge to run a test Rob?
    I'm not sure.... Have a ride over and see him tell him I sent ye....

5th Gear

Status
    Lmao. Tell him Vinny sent ya.

Got a few bits to change over first. Including the red turbo flexi ( thank you for that mate 😉 )

2001 S3 (AMK)

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    20 mins max to change the actuator leigh..

Charge pipe off, 2 nuts turbo side ...then the nut holding the rod on the wastegate, just may have to mess with the pre load to get it spot on (usually 3-4 turns from the wastegate been shut)
    g60leigh likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    20 mins max to change the actuator leigh..
    Cool
    Done in situ?

2001 S3 (AMK)

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    yeah edited....above..
    g60leigh likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    yeah edited....above..
    Sounds good. I like easy jobs.
    Westy likes this.

2001 S3 (AMK)

5th Gear

Status
    Messaged Dan to see what he says about actuator.

Toying with idea of changing intercooler pipework still.

2001 S3 (AMK)

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    I'd say an actuator is absolutely essential, for what it costs, and the figures you're hoping to get, it'd be madness not to do it given what we know now through the last 18 months of development.

Also, if your fuel pump is original, it'll be highly likely to be a limiting factor IMO
    g60leigh likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    I'd say an actuator is absolutely essential, for what it costs, and the figures you're hoping to get, it'd be madness not to do it given what we know now through the last 18 months of development.

Also, if your fuel pump is original, it'll be highly likely to be a limiting factor IMO
    I agree. The invaluable advice in here has put them firmly on my radar.

Going to assess the fuel pressure with an inline gauge and then look at options for up rated fuel pump. I've seen a few options for FWD but not come across any for 4wd. Yet!

2001 S3 (AMK)

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Problem is, with a fuel pressure gauge, it'll only be measuring whether it's keeping up NOW won't it? Not whether it'll keep up when most is asked of it, if you see what I mean?

Fred saw very decent figures from his ko4 with a stock actuator, but on the whole it seems that power and torque are far easier to sustain with a decent actuator fitted, like on Gops car, it seemed to be the key to a sound result.

Very good cars will still make the figures without clearly, but better to be prepared I'd say.
    Westy, Gops and StaceyS3 like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

5th Gear

Status
    That's a very good point Mr Prawn.

Fuel pump now added to the list. Any suggestions for updated options.

Actuator will be changed. Just waiting for Dan to get back to me and one will be ordered.

😃

2001 S3 (AMK)

5th Gear

Status
    that DA-31 seems to be a popular choice for you guys on that side of the world.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Scullies View Post
    that DA-31 seems to be a popular choice for you guys on that side of the world.
    Is that an in tank replacement. ?

Will search it out when I'm at home.

2001 S3 (AMK)

Status
    Is that an in tank replacement. ?

Will search it out when I'm at home.
    No it's an inline one.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    No it's an inline one.
    Will that be sufficient or do I need both upgrading?

I really need to get chance to sit in front if computer and have a search. Can't find anything in tappatalk

2001 S3 (AMK)

Status
    Will that be sufficient or do I need both upgrading?

I really need to get chance to sit in front if computer and have a search. Can't find anything in tappatalk
    You really need to have a healthy in tank pump. The pump will support the power you want. If you then want more power you can add an inline.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

5th Gear

Status
    Just seem this is classifieds on here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/classifieds.php?do=viewitem&itemid=9155&urlid=2

Might be if use.......... Someone in the know can tell you.

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast