audio advice

jamspoon1991

Reaction score
im pretty bored of the audio in my a3 i was wondering where is good for a decent audio set up for it and can you get better subs that are the same as the one in the boot or will i have to get a boxed one??

JL AUDIO do a 6 1/2 inch sub that will fit in the oem stadard sub placement that comes with the car

The JL 6.5" sub is the same sub used in the stealth sub box... not going to make your hair move or pop your windows out but sounds the biz in the right enclosure...

20100630_IMG_6771.jpg

<tuffty/>

Will sound a little bit better but not massively, would be better to buy and amp to suit it, you be looking at around £100 to replace speaker and to buy an amp to power it

thanks people loads of great advice :) i think i may look into the jl cause need the boot space lol and should i get jl speakers through out the car to make it suit or any other suggestions ?

ive always had decentish car stereos and you need to spend a reasonable amount to get decentish sound

next car audi s3 B&O sound - £750 but its not a patch on the setups below but itll do

current Peugeot 307xsi - cheaper setup again - alpine head unit, hertz amp, hertz 12in sub in a custom sub box, hertz components front/rear - its ok but I wouldn't go for hertz again as its italian cheap crud - approx. £2000

pug 205 1.9 - cheaper setup - alpine head unit, alpine cd autochanger, mb quart components front/rear, no sub this time as small boot and went for sound quality- approx. £2000 as alpine head unit was near top range - 12 years ago

golf gti - panasonic head unit, amp control switch, pioneer amp, 2 alpine amps, pioneer professional spec 12in sub, custom made parcel shelf (so the boot acted as a sub box), 2 6x9in alpines, infinity titanium tweeters (cost a bomb - about £200 >20 years ago but they were indestructible - kenwood and mbquart standard tweeters would last days), mb quart components in front/rear doors/in dash/behind dash - about 2000watts enough for massive panel movement including the roof, lol- total build about £3K 20 years ago