replacement turbo k04 023 help :(

Readiee1.8t

Reaction score
hey guys, Ill introduce myself first as im new to the site lol my names lee im from Milton Keynes and own a golf turbo and a newly purchased S3! I need some advice off of you fellow S3 owners! my turbo has gone on my S3 (AMK engine) and im looking for a replacement and to be quite honest im finding it very hard to come across a replacement! I already purchased one which I thought was in good nick but took it to my friends workshop to have it inspected and was told there was too much in and out end float play so I had it refunded, so basically my question is what is the marginal allowance for play in these turbos? ive come across a few but they all seem to have play in? any suggestions?

Thank you
Lee

A small amount of side to side play is normal due to the K04-02X using a journal type design bearing. There should be ABSOLUTELY NO in and out play at all.

Your luck may be in though, there is a fella on here (Beachbuggy) who refurbs/builds turbos. May be worth shooting him a PM explaining the current situation with your turbo to see if it can be saved, you don't know if you don't ask. He is busy though so you could be in for a wait.

A small amount of side to side play is normal due to the K04-02X using a journal type design bearing. There should be ABSOLUTELY NO in and out play at all.

Your luck may be in though, there is a fella on here (Beachbuggy) who refurbs/builds turbos. May be worth shooting him a PM explaining the current situation with your turbo to see if it can be saved, you don't know if you don't ask. He is busy though so you could be in for a wait.
ohh ******, yeah ive already spoke to him but the trouble is I cant take the turbo off my car until it comes to replacing it as I live in a block of flats with communial carpark and no maintenance of cars is to be carried out in the carpark lol plus having no tools. im supposed to be fitting a turbo at my mates workshop but its finding a "decent" one which is just such a struggle :/