Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By 16Klappe
  • 1 Post By <tuffty/>
  • 2 Post By RobinJI

Thread: Power from 1.6

Reverse Gear

Status

Power from 1.6

Alright I decided i need more powa from my 1.6 now so im lookin for proven gains whats the most anyone got a 1.6 and wat mods?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Got to be a wind up?
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Sorry dude... there is nothing to be gained from 'tuning' a 1.6... any form of normally aspirated tuning is expensive for very little gain... assuming you have a 1.6 as you are young and can't afford to insure a 1.8t I'd stick some wheels on it and live with it until you can afford a 1.8t...

There just isn't a market for tuning parts on these...

<tuffty/>
    Pubemammal likes this.
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

1st Gear

Status
    Basically what these guys have said. There's no way to get much more power out of them without spending considerably more than it'd cost to upgrade to a 1.8t car to start with. The only reason to tune a 1.6 would be to meet competition regulations, and then you wouldn't do it in a mid-size car, you'd use something light. You also wouldn't start with an 8v engine designed for driveablilty.

Personally, I'd just make you car look cool using transferable parts, then when your insurance drops, buy a 1.8t and swap over the nice wheels/suspension/brakes you've had on your 1.6.

Also a tip, what you do to 'win' the traffic light grand prix in a 1.6 is to line up looking all serious, then when they gun it off as the light changes, you just don't do anything, and sit there giggling to yourself while they race off making an idiot of themselves, then pull away slowly. Feeling smug. In fact, that's quite fun even when you know your cars faster. Uses less fuel and you keep your licence longer too.
    Lavis89 and JimS3 like this.
    1.8 20v turbo converted '88 Scirocco - ASN Build Thread

RGL
    Free breather

Status
    I feel your pain bro, I'm with a 1.8 N/A which well isn't as bad as 1.6 but nothing special either. Definetly not worth trying to get more power out of it, just wait till you get enough money together like everyone said.

Reverse Gear

Status
    K this is back to that other thread i made about having a run with a 1.6 golf and i still cant find that car i had a run with but this is a video of his he showed me before he left me, he told me it was a 1.6 and it hadthe cheap black rubstrips and looked like a 1.4 or 1.6 bottom range
    so can anyone tell me if this video is just a lie or if it is defenately a 1.6??

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Its a lie.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

Reverse Gear

Status
    is it at all possible to get enough powa from my 1,6 motor to atleast put up a decent fight with this guy then? maybe if i get a exhaust air filter good serice and remap then i could sort of keep up? has anyone actually done all the things i said that can chime in on this?

Yorkshire & Humber Events Mod

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzed:1997288
    is it at all possible to get enough powa from my 1,6 motor to atleast put up a decent fight with this guy then? maybe if i get a exhaust air filter good serice and remap then i could sort of keep up? has anyone actually done all the things i said that can chime in on this?
    I would seriously listen to advice the other people have said above...
    keep saving up for a 1.8t, then buy one at the right time.... Then you'll blow him away.
    ***2000 Audi S3 8L APY***
    * Milltek CATback * Milltek 200 Supercell Sports CAT * SuperChips SRP Stage 1 Remap * Forge 008p *
    * 18" Audi TT 240 Sports Alloys in Gunmetal Grey * Pagid Discs with BD Predator Pads *
    * Badger5 v2.2 TIP, Jetex Filter with Heatshield * N249 Delete * N112 Bypass *
    * PowerFlex ARB Bushes *
    ~ Soon to be fitted: s3dave Adjustable Control Arms ~

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/signatu...pic65622_5.gif

It's supposed to do that..

Status

My Social Networking

Add CMcKenzie on Facebook Visit CMcKenzie's Youtube Channel Visit CMcKenzie's Instagram Channel
    You're wasting your time with a 1.6..
    As everyone is saying. Save for a 1.8T, fit a few tried and tested mods and he'll struggle to keep up with you.
    Callum.
    2000 APY S3

2nd Gear

Status
    This guy is bulls**ting you, as we all said in your other thread he has not got a 1.6!