More Power?

S

SteveSAS

Hi,

I have a standard S3 2002 with 90,000 miles on clock. Have owned it now for 2yrs & would like to increase the power but without jeopardising reliability & hopefully fuel economy as well.

Obviously been thinking of a remap. Now do I need to add anything to the engine before the remap, ie, filters plugs??? I have standard air filter (not sure I want the cone type as heard can cause unpredictable running) what would be best replacement panel filter?? Where would be best to get the remap done, I live south east kent area.

Thanks for any feedback

Steve

Hi,

I have a standard S3 2002 with 90,000 miles on clock. Have owned it now for 2yrs & would like to increase the power but without jeopardising reliability & hopefully fuel economy as well.

Obviously been thinking of a remap. Now do I need to add anything to the engine before the remap, ie, filters plugs??? I have standard air filter (not sure I want the cone type as heard can cause unpredictable running) what would be best replacement panel filter?? Where would be best to get the remap done, I live south east kent area.

Thanks for any feedback

Steve

Always better to upgrade supports to the engine, e.g filters etc etc. Also make sure the car is running 100% fine before going for a straight remap. By doing this, it'll hopefully bring a better successful map, and the performance will improve.

One stage at a time! :)