Wind problem... driver door / window plus door closed sensor

@udi A3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.immotec.co.uk
I know there was a thread recently, but i cant find it, and i tried the funky google search on asn only, and nothing.

How do i fix this noise? it gets louder when i put pressure on the top of the window.

Also the door close sensor is intermittent, where is this and it is an easy fix?

Window reg is packed up too, i think i might need a complete door worth of parts lol

Are all the seals on the door ok? Check that the door sits properly when closed (compare with the other side).

The window glass and frame is fitted with wedges that adjust how the window sits, these may need tweaking slightly to bring the top of the window and frame inwards and hence putting a little more pressure on the seals. The door card needs removing to adjust the wedges. Has the window/frame been off the car recently or messed with?

I'm pretty sure that the door status contact switch is built into the door lock on these, but I'm not 100% on that. Maybe someone more up on the MK4 chassis can confirm? If that is the case I would try and spray some WD40 into the door look to disperse any moisture that may be sitting in there.

the wind noise has been there for ever, the regulator recently screwed up and needs fixing though. the door switch has been intermittant since owning the car, but more noticiable now.

Try the above and report back. :icon_thumright: