Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel

Dying Xenon bulb, faultyballast or both?

Hi guys,

Now I've already had a search for this issue....however it seems as though just about every dying Xenon bulb ends up going a pink or yellowish kind of colour rather than the the blueish colour mines now omitting.

Over the past couple of weeks it's been getting more frustrating to get the passenger xenon bulb to fire up first time...I would often have to turn them to side lights and onto dipped beam quickly for it to work. (makes me think ballast is fecked)

Now the past few day when the passenger bulb does turn on, it's an obvious light blue colour - which is pretty cool...BUT not when it doesn't match the other side and doesn't even omit that much light

So my question is....do I need to change just the xenon bulbs?
    Or will the passenger bulb still be a slightly blue colour in comparison to the drivers side with two new bulbs and the same ballasts?

Cheers

Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Noggies ruuuule!

Status
    Well, I recently had a new headlight and it was fitted with new bulbs etc and now I notice the other headlight bulb is a lot more yellow than the new one, and because I'm anal I need to change it. Therefore, I would suggest you replace both at the same time.

P.S rare to see a pre-facelift noggy. Not seen that before.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Cheers for the quick and speedy reply....

Yeah I have noticed whilst trawling though the threads you've changed the whole unit. You must have some serious love to spend that sort of dosh on your motor
    Yeah not alot of pre-facelift noggys about....the order book I got when I purchased the car doesn't even have it as a colour option

So I think new bulbs will need to be ordered for a quick fix....now where's that pixie to help change them
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

5th Gear

Status
    Its the Bulb Chris.

Can supply for you when you order.

Trups
    SLOW REPLIES BETWEEN 22nd - 30th June due to been out the office, please bare with me. Thanks

Bi Xenon Projector kits starting at £79.99 per pair.

EM Tuning Lighting.

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by t8ups View Post
    Its the Bulb Chris.

Can supply for you when you order.

Trups
    Cheers Trups,

I'll drop you a PM
    2000 S3 APY