Audi S3 strange Brake Pedal Fade Issue.

Chlippo

Reaction score
My S3 is suffering from a strange brake issue. If the car is driven for anything over 5 miles it suffers pedal fade and I would need to pump the brakes a couple of times before it regains the brakes.
I have changed out all worn wheel bearings, have changed pads and checked if any caliper is sticking. I have also changed and bled brake oil using the conventional bleeding method as well as using vcds.

Nothing of the above has had any effect on the fade issue. I have also checked if any of wheel hubs is worn out causing the whole wheel bearing to move pushing brake pads thus causing the fade.

on vcds I get this error:

00810 - sensor 1/2 for break pressure
27-10 implausible signal - intermittent

I have also logged both pressure sensor readings with and without the issue thru vcds:

when brakes are working fine both sensors read very close to each others say 110 bar, but when the fade issue is there I read a very low reading on sensor one and a high reading on sensor 2; say 35bar for sensor one and 90 bar for the second sensor.

the strange thing is that the fade happens even if I don't use the brakes at all. just going for a 5 mile drive without using the brakes will cause the brakes to fade. I even went out and borrowed a laser temp gun to read rotor temps and all read same temps.

any ideas??? I need to have the issue fixed as the car is very dangerous to drive.