EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Purple Merlin

Status

ESP 4 w ESP Lateral Acceleration Fault

Alright folks, got ESP light on constantly and lateral acceleration fault code (01423) Rears don't seem to be kicking in when losing grip, just fronts spinning, any yodas got any ideas or had same problems ?
    Any inputs appreciated

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    hi ive got the same problem but mines the longitudinal sensor abs and traction control lights come on but not every day. this sensor I think is only available from audi about £120 I think.

A3 TQS

Status
    Was £165 a couple months back or £150 if you can get it trade from tps, or if your handy with a soldering iron you could have a go at fixing it, you could also try resetting it first with vcds.
    Bit more info here

The Audi TT Forum :: View topic - "How to" Reset Long/Lat Sensors (G200/G251 or G419?)

Querbeschleunigungssensor G200

Purple Merlin

Status
    Cheers for the replies fellas, S3ben, seen a few on EBay, but recon might have a look inside see if anything's fixable but probs buy a new one, Rupe, cheers for link, need full version of Vagcom which gonna get next couple of days so can try the reset, as when I checked channel 004 the other day, the reading is showing 7 degrees, and that's with the steering wheel straight! recon someone's ad the rack off or something at some point... 006 was asking though, so good chance the sensors goosed... although hoping reset will sort it!

Purple Merlin

Status
    That meant to say 006 was sound though

A3 TQS

Status
    When mine was playing up and I monitored it with vcds, it appeared to be stuck on one reading, I couldn't get the readings to fluctuate at all, after fitting a new sensor and resetting it to 0.0 as per that guide, I could bounce myself around in the seat and watch it fluctuate from around 0.0 - 0.1 etc. They fail quite often so a second hand sensor unless it was really really cheap I think would just be throwing money away.

I did take my old sensor apart as per that other guide and re-soldered the chip, so have that as a spare now in case I do need it in the future.

Purple Merlin

Status
    The readings on mine are changing when moving the wheel, so although it's a long shot, recon prev owner might of changed the sensor but not reset on Vagcom, well that's what am hoping anyway.. if not I'll bite the bullet and buy a new one.
    Cheers again m8