QUADS finally fitted

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Hey Fellas, I finally got round to doing it, personally I lurrrrrvvvvv it. Sounds real nice too, although maybe a bit too loud at around 4000rpm lol, but fine after that. Plus I've realised it's opened up the gears and top end speed, I can get 140 in 5th gear easily, seems to be real smooth on the motorway so I'm happy about performance as well. let me know what u guys think? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

The opening on the left hand side was not made bigger, although he did make as similar a cut on the right and if you look reaaaaal close you might be able to tell that the new cut is just a bit too small (nothing that can't be sorted) and it may make the exhausts look slightly off center at times, but I've measured them up and they're dead perfect to each other so it's just down to a bit of body work.

P.S. Sorry about the trigger happy pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

I don't go for the quad look, but I have to say its a damn tidy job. I'd agree that the second tailpipe aperture does need a very slight trim and the edges rounded a bit.

other than that, a very tidy, but more importantly, OEM looking install. Well done.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

looks Good! Just need bigger wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So come on then... how much was the damage?

I was thinking about the second hole bit before, I think it'll always look a bit wrong unless you make it so it goes back like the other side does if that makes sense. Because you'll always be seeing an edge rather than the continuation as per the original side.

Think it looks pretty good, although if I had one, I'd want straight cut pipes like the M3 and I don't think I'd want it stick out so far.

Top job for putting your money where your mouth is as well! :)

I think the 4 pipes look great! Well done mate.

Personally I think the end result looks better than some of the other pics you posted in the other thread.

My personal taste would be to have the pipes not sticking out as far...but thats just me. If you are happy, thats all the matters!

I noticed from one of your pics that the new exhaust section doesn't go all the way to the cat, am I right?

AL

Cheers guys, didn't expect to get so many good comments lol but thanks. I thought of going for the stright pipes (M3 style) but thought they'd stick out even more. All in all it cost me £735, and I have to take it once a year to get inspected but that's alright with me. I agree Andy the vinyl lip would cover it up, just not sure if I want to take that route, and AL the new exhaust does not go back to the cat (hopefully that's for another time) maybe after a chip or two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Looks like they have made a good job, but it's not to my taste. Reminds me of a wheel barrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Anyway fair play for doing it.

Got to get with the times, old or new RS4 replicas, RS6's or some cool Euro look Schmidts would do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

not to steal this thread, but i got to say i prefer standard S3 wheels too... why would i want to make mine look like every other A3 with RS4 / RSTT's :p

[ QUOTE ]
not to steal this thread, but i got to say i prefer standard S3 wheels too... why would i want to make mine look like every other A3 with RS4 / RSTT's :p

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree... I've never been a fan on RSTT's, and flatly refuse to put them on my car. BBS would be a good choice!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah. you're right though, I have been meaning to change my wheels for ages.

LM's. definitely LM's for me. I just need to find a way of explaining 3 grand going walkies.

[ QUOTE ]
LM's. definitely LM's for me. I just need to find a way of explaining 3 grand going walkies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol...not an easy task!

Anyway.. Back on topic

[ QUOTE ]
Im looking at BBS CH's next!

[/ QUOTE ]

Grrrr.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

You want LM's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'd be happy with some Avus S3's for my A3TS instead of the standard alloys.
P.S looking good.

great lookin pipes, just wanted to know which shade tint do u have on your car? gettin mine done on monday and dont want it to light or dark... any opinions?

Looks the bizzo m8 and i like the OEM S3 alloys as well every tom **** and harry has RS4 wheels i dont think you can get copies of S3 allys

whats next?

Thanks again for the compliments. I do like the standard S3 wheels, though I want to go 1" bigger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif, 18's look real nice and make the car look much lower. The tints are 35% front, 45-55% on rear, both unbreakable. 75% on the boot. the sides have a slight silver reflection especially when it's sunny so they sometimes look a bit darker (or more reflective).

looks like a good job, but is it just me or does the car look taller now????

i.e not as squat .

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do it, everyone's got 'em now.

[flame suit on] the new venoms perhaps? [/flame suit off]

Defratos, all credit for going for it. Actually turned out looking better than I thought it would.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do it, everyone's got 'em now.

[flame suit on] the new venoms perhaps? [/flame suit off]

Defratos, all credit for going for it. Actually turned out looking better than I thought it would.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahah... There are other options! But want BBS's

Indeed, I love BBS's too, I just see alot of peeps with the CH's now. They are a good looking wheel, which is why they are popular I suppose, epecially with the MK4 guys.

[ QUOTE ]
Indeed, I love BBS's too, I just see alot of peeps with the CH's now. They are a good looking wheel, which is why they are popular I suppose, epecially with the MK4 guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not many Audi's with them that's why I went for them, although as you say loads of Golfs have them.

Rich what are the other options?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not many Audi's with them that's why I went for them, although as you say loads of Golfs have them.

Rich what are the other options?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well..for BBS, RX or RC....But i do prefer the CH's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
rc's are lighter than ch's.

[/ QUOTE ]

RCs are lighter than most other wheels on the market...and stronger too.

A masterpiece really...pure class, of the absolute highest order.
(I'm a fan...can you tell?)

Great wheels... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

But you really can't go wrong with any BBS wheel...all strong, light, properly engineered and less likely to bend than most.

yep,lovely wheels,and you can see the bling porsche brakes better too!!
I think i'm right in saying that porsche oe wheels are bbs?