Throttle Body clean

geese

Reaction score
Hi,

Really wanting to clean my TB on my 2002 A3 1.6 (80K) but the clip is a folded piece of metal and im unsure how to remove this , or even if it is the component I need at all ... :( , Could somebody please advise me over this ? All the information ive found for cleaning the TB on this appear different to my engine ( saw a guide for golf 1.6 8v ... ).

Thanks,
Rhys

Could we maybe get a picture or a better description of which clip you are actually referring to. Getting to the throttle body should be pretty straight forward. If you are referring to these round metal clips (usually in black) which connect the pipes (from MAF/airbox) then they release once you squeeze two ends together. During when you squeeze the clip you can get the pipe off of the throttle body. I'm not sure what clips you are referring to so a picture would be useful here.

Also I'm sure you can find loads of info about cleaning the TB by searching this forum aswell. It might not be about the 1.6 engine per se but it is pretty much the same process on all of these engines.