Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Need some new xenon lights

Hi I need a pair of xenon lights for a s3 1999 anybody know where abouts I should be look for some. Some body told me that some of them are not road legal is this right??? Replacing light because cannot adjust them and beam facing at the floor and mot due in December...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Please use the wanted section of the classifieds

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Technically xenons require self levelling mechanisms and headlight washers to be UK legal...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Neutral

Status
    Thanks the ones that are in are manual adjustment and I do have washers but adjusters knackered. Seen some at gps think it is about 70 quid each not sure if xenon what is the difference would I be able to fit the stuff of my lights on to them?? There are some many different lights confused.com.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Genuine S3 xenon lights are around 500 quid each... not seen them available as a pattern part... A3 ones are readily available at reasonable prices (eBay has them in pairs for around 70-80 quid)

The subject of replacement headlights has been discussed many times before and there is a thread a little further down the first page of this section where Gops has replaced his lights with pattern parts and a HID kit

<tuffty/>

Noggies ruuuule!

Status
    Yeah I coughed up for a new xenon headlight and it was 550 inc vat from the stealers. Check breakers yards or eBay, or do what Gops did.

Neutral

Status
    Right so if I buy some a3 ones will they fit on a s3??? And if I buy them off eBay for about 70 quid I will need to buy a kit??? Or will I be able to use the kit that's on the s3 lights already???? Why do originals have to be so expensive!!!!

6th Gear

Status
    you could easily fit halogens in there place to pass the mot. however u have a manual adjuster, something cheap has broken. why not take the glass off and look to fix them?
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

Neutral

Status
    And that is a great idea wasn't sure if I could take them apart but will try will save me £££ thanks

6th Gear

Status
    plenty of threads on the subject...
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*