headlight washer jets stopped working?

S23

Reaction score
as the title says really , they have been working fine for the past few weeks and now they just dont pop out you can hear the water going to them but the actual unit dosent lift out the bumper and all im left with is a trickle of water on the floor

possibly a fuse ? or a motor that runs them ? seems weird how it suddenly stopped working

scott

There is no motor or fuse, they operate on the water pressure alone. So usual culprits are a hose connection popped off, a hose split, or more likely in winter when there is salt and gunk around, they get gummed up.

There is no motor or fuse, they operate on the water pressure alone. So usual culprits are a hose connection popped off, a hose split, or more likely in winter when there is salt and gunk around, they get gummed up.

There is a separate motor for the washer jets Jase, and it is fused! Headlamp out job to get to it aswell!

ye take the bumper off and check the hoses, dont do what i did!!! bumper off lights out new pump and it was the fues that had blown...... learned how tho get lights and bumper off though lol
mark

brilliant thanks guys will have a go this weekend

There is a separate motor for the washer jets Jase, and it is fused! Headlamp out job to get to it aswell!
OK stand corrected Joe. But the motor just pressurises the water, yeah? rather than powering the washers up and down?

i had mine stop working the other week. found out it was just a fuse, replaced it and they were back working straight away.

Sometimes the pump can sound like it's working bit it's not. I replaced my pump with a cheap febi one of fleabay.

You definitely need to take the bumper off, don't remember removing the headlight, but it's not hard with the right tools.

Liam