How to remove rear bench so can lube up and fix creak A3 8l sport

_Alex_D_

Reaction score
My rear seats creak terrible. If I drop them and spray with wd40 it lasts about a day. How do I remove them. The go into a plastic clip in middle and a metal one on ends. Outer ends look like the metal but might open but not sure.

Also passenger seat when lean back clicks near top. Really annoying with a passenger. They are the half leather black/blue 03 sports seats. It's in the seat the noise and can't see a way to remove plastic back cover.

Thanks

The plastic cover in between the seats just pops off, don't think you need to take it off though, lift the bottom of the bench up and the wire that holds it in place will just bend out of the clips (not too forcefully, don't want to properly put a bend in them) then on the outer edge of the bench there should be a metal clip, push this back with a screwdriver then pop that edge out (shouldn't need to remove the plastic trim above it, just bend it slightly) then pull the seat up and out (away from the center) and it should pop off the stud in the middle of the bench. Will get some photos when I'm home in half a hour, only takes 10 mins to get it all out.

Brill. I managed to lay seat perfectly flat and pop it out from outside edge. Then once that was out pulled out from center bit with plastic. The side that makes most noise was really awkward but got it out. Sprayed some white grease. Sprays like wd40 but then goes thick.

Not a noise from it so far. Seems odd that used to it. Now I can listen to quieter rattles lol

Thanks for the help

Still looking for help on clicking stars though. How do you get into them. There is a plastic back does it come off?