Volks AutosEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

The best place to source a G60 flywheel and VR6 Clutch at the best price?

I have recently been trawling through old threads to help me on my search to find a G60 flywheel and VR6 clutch at the best price and with reputable parts.
    Unfortunately, the threads did have good information but many of the links no longer work.

My question is, where can I find a G60 flywheel and VR6 Clutch at the best price?

I am a bit dubious about the unknown ebay brands and would probably prefer to avoid the easy to find Ebay specials.

Also, would I need to buy a new slave cylinder under the 1.8t or the new VR6 clutch?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    GSF or ECP... What car is this for?

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Neutral

Status
    Its a 1998 1.8T 150

2nd Gear

Status
    Valeo solid flywheel conversion with clutch is a win I got the lot for sub £200

Neutral

Status
    Sorry, I forgot to mention. The car is in standard form at the moment but I do have intentions of upgrading some engine parts so the VR6 clutch conversion would be best for me rather than a standard clutch and converted solid flywheel.

Neutral

Status
    Ive been on the phone to GSF and ECP and neither sell the G60 flywheel

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by neap38 View Post
    Ive been on the phone to GSF and ECP and neither sell the G60 flywheel
    Here's a start, not sure if this is the cheapest place you can find the parts you need but the majority of people have given great reviews about this place-

Transmission - 5 Speed Transmission - Darkside Developments
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

1st Gear

Status
    If memory serves me right an abf flywheel from a mk3 golf will work, pick a second hand one up off ebay for cheap enough. If your planning on upgrading engine bits later, why not get the flywheel lightened and balanced before you fit it.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for your help so far. I still seem to be struggling though. Am I asking for too much looking for a flywheel for under £60 used? I was hoping I could find the flywheel on eurocarparts or gsf new for around £90 at most. Would really like to keep the costs down as possible as thr car only cost me £350 a couple of weeks ago.

1st Gear

Status
    I have both here if needed? Was originally for my 1.8t mk2 swap but I've gone a different route with it! PM me if your interested.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks a lot JimmyH. PM sent!

Also, can anyone confirm this is the flywheel I need and would also fit the VR6 clutch?...Vw Golf Mk3 16v ABF Flywheel (G60? VR6?) Part No. 037105273c | eBay

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    TPS will sell you the flywheel new for around £130, it's from either the G60 or ABF engines, you'll have more luck asking for an ABF though as it's more common.

For the clutch kit don't pay TPS prices (£140 trade) for the sachs kit, get the LUK 3 piece kit from GSF, it's around £80 and does the job perfectly.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Yes that ABF flywheel is correct, but I'd say it's about twice it's value, I've picked them up for £10 before!

Also remember, you'll need 6 new flywheel bolts from VW for an ABF engine, the 1.8T DMF bolts are different, and the same again for the clutch cover bolts.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Yes that ABF flywheel is correct, but I'd say it's about twice it's value, I've picked them up for £10 before!

Also remember, you'll need 6 new flywheel bolts from VW for an ABF engine, the 1.8T DMF bolts are different, and the same again for the clutch cover bolts.
    That is the best price I've got so far. I've called scrap yards all over the south east of England, searched ebay high and low and even searched on german ebay... thats how desperate I'm getting now! Nobody wants to break past an engine or if they do, they don't have it in stock. Driving me insane!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by neap38 View Post
    That is the best price I've got so far. I've called scrap yards all over the south east of England, searched ebay high and low and even searched on german ebay... thats how desperate I'm getting now! Nobody wants to break past an engine or if they do, they don't have it in stock. Driving me insane!
    haven't had a reply, do you still want them??