Running costs on the up again

necroeire

Reaction score
I have my A3 just over 2 years and the running costs are getting worse.

The car went into the stealers yesterday for a service and to check the engine management light on the dash (originally thought it was the coolant sensor).
Anyhow, I was told after several hours that there was a burst pipe somewhere that caused damage to the timing belt. Also the immobilisor was damaged so I would need a new one along with two new keys. Also the coolant sensor needs fixing and all this comes to approx, wait for it....€1500.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gifme pink!!!!!

And this doesn't include the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif service or change of tires I also need.

So since I've had the car I've had the following expense:
1) Hazard light relay box (€50) x 2
2) New Dash Dials (€250)
3) New bulbs (€20)
4) Major Service ( €600) x 2
5) Door closed sensor (€100)

Add to that a minor service x 2, 4 new tires and additional service costs to diagnose funny idle!

My old Polo gti had no trouble - ever. Was seriously thinking yesterday about selling it and buying a 2 - 3 year old Passat TDi or even a Bora TDi. The damned Audi stealers and the constant problems are really /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif me off now.

I did see an A4 TDi with 70,000 - 2 years old for €25,000 tempting but mileage is a bit high.