headlights

Rob45

Reaction score
Well i see this has been covered on here many a time ref to headlight adjusters, i see there was a thread with someone making a new part , did this ever get done ?

Well My pass side has the adjuster wheel cog missing and the bodged self tapping screw wedged tight up against the rod to stop the inner housing moving and keep the beam correct ,but it's not !!! Have MOT this month so going to fail i can see it !!!

What i dont get about this other clip part i see this other thread was on about.. As i can remove motor and can re install without a prob , the ball socket pushes into something then i twist the motor and it goes in and locks , so is the clip inside ok ?
I can hear the motor work but cannot see the beam move , ;-?

cannot understand why there is no one out there who repairs these units when the adjusters break or fail as these units are so expensive , well i also dont understand, the knurled rod that should have the nylon cog connected, how is this fixed inside the unit ? this pulls in and out and you see the inner lens move, if i try and turn it as it should , it does nothing , same with the adjuster on the end of the unit which is intact and guess this does side to side adjustment ??

Well if my MOT fails i shall be getting this ****** off , getting it open and try and fabricate something ...

Hella is a sham , i know they make there business supplying to the motor industy but they still make the headlights which involves using components and the components that wear out .

So dont understand why they dont have an online parts where they can supply Joe public with these silly little bits that cause MOT failure but instead instruct the dealer to only sell a complete new headlight for over £600.00 .. As said , a ****** Sham....

There was someone on here making the bit I know your mot is Monday don't give up someone will come along a save the day. Sorry I can help