opinions on ecu flashing please :D

miniturhero

Reaction score
Hi everyone I was after some views and opinions on ecu flashing. I am not too sure exactly what it os and how its done but ive had a quick browse on youtube to see if theres anything on there and by what ive seen is it like a diy remap ? I am a bit skeptical on how you can just modify you ecu and be safe doing so if your not an expert but I could be wronge flashing may be something completely different. I would like a bit of knowledge on this if anyone has any on this subject or if anyone has tried this and results or if its something to stear well clear of . Cheers dudes :salute:

Hi everyone I was after some views and opinions on ecu flashing. I am not too sure exactly what it os and how its done but ive had a quick browse on youtube to see if theres anything on there and by what ive seen is it like a diy remap ? I am a bit skeptical on how you can just modify you ecu and be safe doing so if your not an expert but I could be wronge flashing may be something completely different. I would like a bit of knowledge on this if anyone has any on this subject or if anyone has tried this and results or if its something to stear well clear of . Cheers dudes :salute:

You're better off looking at a dedicated forum like nefmoto or chip tuners to learn how to do it.. Just saying

Reactions: s3dave
^^as long as you get someone to do it who knows what they are doing. ...

If you dont have a clue what your doing, dont do it. It can be as simple or as involved as you choose to make it

Cheers for the replys , everyone has said what I thought which is its basically the same as a remap and stay well away from it leave it to people who know what there doing. I would like to learn how to do it or have a little more knowledge of it so I might try that forum that beachbuggy suggested. :thumbsup:

i've seen people use cheap 20euro maps downloaded from the internet, flashed onto the ECU & then has been left with a car that wouldn't run properly.

I've even seen a Leon 1.8 20v non turbo with a cupra map on it

How in the hell would that work ? Surely that car was playing up somthing terrible! I am amazed that someone would do that as even my girlfriend would probably know that aint right haha

How in the hell would that work ? Surely that car was playing up somthing terrible! I am amazed that someone would do that as even my girlfriend would probably know that aint right haha

the lad had only bought the car a couple of weeks beforehand. He said he'd bought it like that. It didn't run too well at all & was seriously running on the rich side. It felt well under powered when i drove it so once it had been done with the correct remap file it felt like a completely different car.

I'm still not convinced he had bought it like that because it ran like **** & nobody in their right mind would buy it for full price with how it was. You'd only buy it if it was cheap & advertised as running poorly etc

the lad had only bought the car a couple of weeks beforehand. He said he'd bought it like that. It didn't run too well at all & was seriously running on the rich side. It felt well under powered when i drove it so once it had been done with the correct remap file it felt like a completely different car.

I'm still not convinced he had bought it like that because it ran like **** & nobody in their right mind would buy it for full price with how it was. You'd only buy it if it was cheap & advertised as running poorly etc

I agree he must of just been very ashamed as I would of been if it were me but bet he was just glad to get his car back.

hope you like reading lol :readit: still taking it in after a year , and I thought I knew about ECU's in cars .

Lol im not too keen on reading but if its somthing that im really interested in I am more than happy to read on lol any tips on what to reed ? How you finding it do you feel that you are abke to flash an ecu yet or not ?

he did seem a bit embarrassed. When i'd done i made a joke of saying it may have been the correct map in the 1st place & it was that his turbo had been stolen! :)

Hahaha thats excellent! ! I would have had to laugh if I was there !

Lol im not too keen on reading but if its somthing that im really interested in I am more than happy to read on lol any tips on what to reed ? How you finding it do you feel that you are abke to flash an ecu yet or not ?

still looking for a spare ecu to muck about with , just not bit the bullet and bought one lol , and no chance am I using my own one lol ,

still looking for a spare ecu to muck about with , just not bit the bullet and bought one lol , and no chance am I using my own one lol ,

Haha thats what I was thinking , learn and read as mich as possible then buy a spare ecu and fingers crossed lol

Nothing wrong with experimenting, thats how they all start, as long as you are prepared for any consequences...imo of course

Cheers mate your right I suppose if you dont try you dont know well im going to get revising and see what I can learn

Reactions: s3dave