S3 Number plate

MarcS3

Reaction score
Hi all, just testing the water here but I have a Kool S3 number plate and wanted to no what it's worth, how would I find out??

You could look at regtransfers.com, or similar. I had mine valued at a promised £400. Considering that I paid £250 for it from DVLA about 2 years ago... So not entirely convinced by their quote.

I done a txt value and came back with 400quid but people always comment on it and say it must be worth a fortune.

Its worth whatever someone will pay for it on ebay, not a lot really.

isn't it now illegal to move some letters/numbers close together ?
i.e you cant have S3 1S OK , it would have to show S31 SOK >> then it becomes worth less money, hence the lower value.
I think the serious values come in when they display in the right manner.

Many years ago had owned 635 bmw. Number plate was BWM 645X. Everyone (and I mean everyone !) kept commenting how rich i could have been..... if only the the 4 was a 3 ! I had to point out the the letters would alos need rearranging - so many didn't even sport it !

Its always been illegal to mis-space, let alone re-arrange letters! I had to look twice at your BMW's plate, would have been good on a 645i if it actually said BMW!!

I got robbed on mine really, bought it for a premium from regtransfers and now I'm selling it got only one offer! I'm thinking of putting mine on ebay no reserve auction soon.

Sean

yeh, i phrased that wrongly. I meant if only it did read BMW instead of BWM. Back then a 645 didn't exist, but that's true of a lot of ranges now like the bm 330, audi r32, etc