Head light hid kit

andrew-247

Reaction score
Have a hid kit on my car, one of the lights has blown, but didn't really seem bright enough to be able to see on dipped, what's the best kit to get? Think it's a H1 6000k cheap kit Thanks

Have a word with t8ups on here, I got my HID kit through a group buy from him.
Callum

If you want to see where you're going get OE spec 4000-4300k.

This is subjective, and depends on if you have a facelift S3 or not? After market 6k HiDs are quite effective on facelift lights! Toyosports are the cheapest I've seen, and I've had a set of 6k's in my Passat for over 10k miles with no issues.

^^^^ what he said toyosports hid are good I've had a set for years

This is subjective, and depends on if you have a facelift S3 or not? After market 6k HiDs are quite effective on facelift lights! Toyosports are the cheapest I've seen, and I've had a set of 6k's in my Passat for over 10k miles with no issues.

You're right it is subjective, I've tried different colour temperature D2S bulbs in my Xenon head lamps. I wasn't impressed with the 6k bulbs and went back to my old OEMs. It would be interesting to compare light output side by side with OE HID vs. aftermarket HID in normal lamps.

Euro Car Parts are doing them for £35 at the moment I think.

Bought mine from HIDs4u for my old golf with projector lenses and went for 6k, plenty of light but look better that 4300k.

Also worth a mention, when 1 of the ballast went dodgy after a year, they replaced without an issue.