audi s3 8l blows white smoke on low revs

andy1

Reaction score
Hi guys just got my car back from the garage after my water pump went. Got it home and its still throwing white smoke from the exhaust on low revs.. any ideas of my problem ?

Hi guys just got my car back from the garage after my water pump went. Got it home and its still throwing white smoke from the exhaust on low revs.. any ideas of my problem ?
tackle off the intercooler pipe too throttle body and see if there's any oil inside there will be some but too much would point towards a new turbo/reconditioned!i put a bet on it being valve stem oil seals/guides this turned out too be mine not a drop of smoke when reving hard sometimes nothing but when warm and I leave it parked up for half hour or so I'd start her back up and there would be a below of white smoke for a second or 2 then nothing I had oil in my intercooler pipe but I changed the turbo and it still done it ... Intercooler pipe is like brand new no oil still done it now I fitted agu large port head with new exshaust valve guides and new seals all round all is good/very good

White smoke is typically water not oil... oil smoke is blue....

Did you get a hydrocarbons test done at the garage? prob worth getting that done to see... as I have said in your previous threads mate, I reckon the previous owner sold it like this knowing the car over heated... chances are the heads warped and you have a leak from the head gasket but tbh the heads on these can crack easily if subjected to that type of failure and its entirely plausible that the head has cracks and this is what you are seeing...

<tuffty/>

White smoke is typically water not oil... oil smoke is blue....

Did you get a hydrocarbons test done at the garage? prob worth getting that done to see... as I have said in your previous threads mate, I reckon the previous owner sold it like this knowing the car over heated... chances are the heads warped and you have a leak from the head gasket but tbh the heads on these can crack easily if subjected to that type of failure and its entirely plausible that the head has cracks and this is what you are seeing...

<tuffty/>
my smoke was 100 percent white and I had no water leak at all...take it he is loosing water and when my brother in laws turbo seals went it was thick white smoke you couldn't see the road at all..,wasn't blue?

neat oil which has'nt been thru combustion is white......... pumping out of the hotside..
empties sump rapido.. Stop Stop Stop