My A3 8L ideas

puggsy21

Reaction score
Hi guys just thought I would share what I've been thinking of doing with my a3, I got it a few weeks ago and body work wasn't great and the last owner hadn't looked after it, he owned it for around 2 years. Before him it has got full Audi service history from new!

I have got plenty of ideas on what i want to do but i need to find time after work and on my days off to get the jobs completed.

I paid £175 for the car and so far have done quite a few bits to get it road worthy again, i have replaced the lower suspension arms, front and rear brake pads, rear brake lines (still got braided ones to fit), new DV, breather hoses (few had split and loosing boost), new headlights and serviced it giving it a good look over still have many more jobs in the pipeline i want to do so i will put pics up on this post when i get round to doing them and hopefully it will look good after completion.

Any input you guys want to put in please feel free always open to suggestions

Thanks Aaron

Here is how is looks at the mo

Audi

i will soon get an updated pic of car when weather is nice and i have spent time cleaning the car giving it some TLC i will post up a new pic my biggest idea for this car is to build a computer so that it will run a windows based operating system so a minature pc tower if you wasnt sure :). It will be capable of allowing full internet usage on the go and all features you would expect using your own desktop or laptop, the options are limitless, i build and repair computers as a hobby so have the knowledge on what to do for it dont worry pictures will be added as and when i get to that point my main focus is looks and performance (the usual) :) and i will be including how to build in a secret pop out touchscreen to control the pc. I know you can buy these from ebay and other sites they are called carputa think it spelt like that lol but i want my own piece of design to go in it :).

let me know what you guys think

sounds like a good idea, did something similar with my first car when i was a teen, make sure you think about cooling for the pc if i was to redo this i would think about the tablet method? making a tablet holder in the dash that way its also removable. also £175 BARGIN what engine is it?

one of my mates built one into the dash of his astra using a raspberry PI and it look pretty cool, basically only used it for media but if you could get andriod running on it then it'ld be quite cool to run torque on a decent sized screen and have all the data on the go.

Tim_Attard the engine is a 1.8 turbo (AUM engine), thanks for the replies, yeh cooling is the main thing with these type of builds but have a few ideas on how to solve this issue. Lavis89 like the idea of having torque on a bigger screen and on the go

Ok so this week been ordering up some bits i have got coming a new honda s2000 air filter courtesy of the FAQ thread Must do modifications link to Benjamins S2000 air filter mod, i have also got a front anti roll bar bush repair kit, downpipe and decat 2.5" all the way i will soon order a middle section and backbox or cat back system, RPM/speed sensor, breather hose valve and kenwood 6x9's peak power 200w impedance 4.0hms some bits will be fitted this weekend downpipe not yet as just ordered it and got to pick up a few parcels tomorrow so find out what else il be fitting lol i will remember to take pics for you guys to see what it looks like

sorry everyone just checking my signature is working :)

IMG 0387
Breather hose valve

IMG 0385
anti roll bar bush repair kit

IMG 0386
6x9's

Should be able to fit all these this weekend as not working hopefully other parts will arrive next week