Flywheel

I believe Welly fitted one to his S3 before he sold it to another member on here by the name of BurnS3. It may be worth dropping him a PM asking of his opion/experience with it.

On the other hand I have just found a mini review of said flywheel in Welly's build thread. Please see>>> LINK

I have the one one welly fitted in my car S3. its F1 from the states.
A little bit chatter at idle, the engine revs a lot more freely.
Make sure if you go for a spring loaded clutch you get the right one.
I had one made and it turned into a nightmare, the made it wrong and i had the box off 3 times.
Less engine braking aswell, takes a little while to get used to, but well worth it imho

Thanks you lot, yeah jezzy I have got a spring loaded clutch from cg motorsport, hopefully that will be okay? And as far a smf goes where can I get one from? I think its jabba sport that does one? Thanks

I'm running a SMF that is weighted to the same as the OE DMF (about 12kgs). So the pedal feel and rev rate are the same as stock just a better bite. No real chatter either as it's not very light.

The spring loaded clutch plate i had trouble with was made by CG motor sports.
Do you have a flywheel yet or just looking for one?

just re read our post.
If you want a light flywheel.
Andrews TTV one sounds good.
The one i have came from America and takes about a week to get here.
Personally i would send the flywheel to cg to make the clutch.
The springs in the plate were touching the flywheel and not allowing it to engage any gears.
It was a nightmare and wouldnt like to do that again.

I haven't bought a fly wheel yet and im in no rush at all, just waiting for funds... I have already got the dual friction clutch from cg clutches which is spring loaded, I would like a lightenend flywheel as it's not my everyday car, just for sunny week ends. Money isnt too much of an issue either. Cheers