Chris NottBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

8l facelift headlights

Hi all, right my 1999 reg a3 has headlights and separate indicators, I was wondering if anybody knew wether the facelift headlights (all in one units) would be a direct fitment, are bulb connectors the same and so on? Iv tried searching for an answer on the search bar but nothing came up, thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Grale1 on Facebook
    There is a metal bit in the wing you have to cut off, it will be clear when you take off the headlight and indicator, the motor for the adjuster aren't the same so you'll have to use the ones that are connected to your pre facelight, then you'll have to sort the wiring loom out or do what I done and bought the adaptor for the loom so I didn't have to cut any wires.

cant think of much else from when I done it at the moment but I'm sure someone will help fill in the gaps I've missed. There is a lot of cutting and fitting of the light unit to get it to fit right.
    A3 1.8t AGU, fk ak street coilovers, silicone tip, silicone turbo outlet pipe, forge 007p ( yellow spring ), 80mm jetex cone filter, 3" cold air feed, 3" downpipe and de cat, R-tech stage1 map 187bhp- 227ft

It's supposed to do that..

Status

My Social Networking

Add CMcKenzie on Facebook Visit CMcKenzie's Youtube Channel Visit CMcKenzie's Instagram Channel
    There's a lot of info about. don't use the search bar, go to Google and type in like this - site:audi-sport.net 8l facelift headlights
    Here's a link I found in my bookmarks.A3 Facelift Headlamp Upgrade - Audifans.net
    -Callum.
    2000 APY S3
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    If you fit a split-r I will ban you from ASN

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers for the info chaps, ill go have a nose

6th Gear

Status
    Basicly as said, cut the metal off the wing thats in the way, little at a time till it fits. maybe a little of the plastic part that the light sits on too.

Then you need a loom to wire the lights up, or chop the plugs off the car you get the lights from, or hard wire your old lights plugs to the new lights. S3 pre facelifts have the same connectors i think as post facelift though.
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

It's supposed to do that..

Status

My Social Networking

Add CMcKenzie on Facebook Visit CMcKenzie's Youtube Channel Visit CMcKenzie's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by @udi A3 View Post
    S3 pre facelifts have the same connectors i think as post facelift though.
    So I wouldn't have to hack the wiring loom apart or fork out 35 quid for the adaptors? That's handy to know. Looking to get it done soon.
    Cheers,
    Callum.
    2000 APY S3
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    If you fit a split-r I will ban you from ASN

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by @udi A3 View Post
    Basicly as said, cut the metal off the wing thats in the way, little at a time till it fits. maybe a little of the plastic part that the light sits on too.

Then you need a loom to wire the lights up, or chop the plugs off the car you get the lights from, or hard wire your old lights plugs to the new lights. S3 pre facelifts have the same connectors i think as post facelift though.
    cheers @udi A3 that's very handy to know, was thinking of getting the loom/plug from the donor car, and soldering the wires and that, but if s3 lights have the same plug then surly that's a better bet