turbo oil/water lines

sandwich1987

Reaction score
im looking to sort out my setup for my oil/water lines for my build, and reading up on various other threads on here, im aware of how risky it is using braided hose near the manifold even when wrapped and found this Krontec Hardline Lightweight AluminiumTube - 4 Metre Length - Demon Tweeks and wondered if anyone had any ideas if it is suitable to use in the hotter area next to the manifold, I will be using braided once it is far enough away from the heat?

Normally use stainless steel tubing mate on stuff we do...

<tuffty/>

Do you know the id of the stuff your using, I'm trying to come up with a diy option, as I don't have the tools to bend/weld the pipe and connections, and I don't want to run the risk of melting through anything?

Do you know the id of the stuff your using, I'm trying to come up with a diy option, as I don't have the tools to bend/weld the pipe and connections, and I don't want to run the risk of melting through anything?

Not off hand mate... I'll direct Bill here if I remember...

How do you plan to handle connecting the water lines to the turbo CHRA? this it the most important bit that needs to be heat proof... Bill tigs SS tube to SS banjos for these...

<tuffty/>

I was going to use the fittings that have the olive in them, but I just had a quick search there and you have mentioned they contain a sealing ring which breaks down due to the heat, so I think ill order the tube and a bender, size it up and then get some one else to weld fittings on the pipe.

Do you know if bill would be able to reproduce the hardline setup he used on staceys car as its going to be same manifold turbo etc...
I know that's it probably made to the specific car but thought it was worth asking as having seen the work he did on staceys its seems pretty bomb proof :)
cheers

Would be bespoke to the car mate, no patterns are made.. but if you sent the bent lines to him he could weld banjos on I would imagine...

<tuffty/>