Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

turbo oil/water lines

im looking to sort out my setup for my oil/water lines for my build, and reading up on various other threads on here, im aware of how risky it is using braided hose near the manifold even when wrapped and found this Krontec Hardline Lightweight AluminiumTube - 4 Metre Length - Demon Tweeks and wondered if anyone had any ideas if it is suitable to use in the hotter area next to the manifold, I will be using braided once it is far enough away from the heat?
    Noggy blue Bam engined S3. Complete with cr turbos stg4 turbo, xspower mani, dp and sports cat, rifle drilled IE rods, 550 injectors, forge 007, badger5 v2 tip, jetex with heatshield, wellycooler, catch can, weitec lowered shocks +springs, 15mm front 20mm back spacers, rtech custom map
    304bhp 290lbsft wmi soon to be fitted along with 986 brembo fronts!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Normally use stainless steel tubing mate on stuff we do...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

1st Gear

Status
    Do you know the id of the stuff your using, I'm trying to come up with a diy option, as I don't have the tools to bend/weld the pipe and connections, and I don't want to run the risk of melting through anything?
    Noggy blue Bam engined S3. Complete with cr turbos stg4 turbo, xspower mani, dp and sports cat, rifle drilled IE rods, 550 injectors, forge 007, badger5 v2 tip, jetex with heatshield, wellycooler, catch can, weitec lowered shocks +springs, 15mm front 20mm back spacers, rtech custom map

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwich1987 View Post
    Do you know the id of the stuff your using, I'm trying to come up with a diy option, as I don't have the tools to bend/weld the pipe and connections, and I don't want to run the risk of melting through anything?
    Not off hand mate... I'll direct Bill here if I remember...

How do you plan to handle connecting the water lines to the turbo CHRA? this it the most important bit that needs to be heat proof... Bill tigs SS tube to SS banjos for these...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

1st Gear

Status
    I was going to use the fittings that have the olive in them, but I just had a quick search there and you have mentioned they contain a sealing ring which breaks down due to the heat, so I think ill order the tube and a bender, size it up and then get some one else to weld fittings on the pipe.

Do you know if bill would be able to reproduce the hardline setup he used on staceys car as its going to be same manifold turbo etc...
    I know that's it probably made to the specific car but thought it was worth asking as having seen the work he did on staceys its seems pretty bomb proof
    cheers

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Would be bespoke to the car mate, no patterns are made.. but if you sent the bent lines to him he could weld banjos on I would imagine...

<tuffty/>

1st Gear

Status
    Do you know where Bill gets his fittings from?

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwich1987 View Post
    Do you know where Bill gets his fittings from?
    No mate sorry...

<tuffty/>