coolant leak thinking it may be water pump ? please help

JA50N

Reaction score
I am having a real hard time at moment and things just keep getting worse now to top it off the S3 has developed a leak.
The leak is dripping (constant drips) from bottom of crank pulley i have wheel off and am currently checking it and presume it is probably dripping from the water pump but cannot see anything wet to side or above crank pulley.
I removed top cam belt cover and looks to be a wet in there weather oil water or from past hard to say the back of engine looks wet about half way up but this could be from driving and the water coolant being splashed as its only dripping from bottom of the crank pulley when parked.

Any help advice pointers welcome also if it is the water pump (sods law these where replaced with the cam belt when i bought car) a recommended place around south Yorkshire nottinghamshire to get this done (yes it would get a cam belt again) and an idea of price would also help as i have to many things going on to do it myself at this time.

thank you

See if you can pressure test it from the coolant tank.

Mine was leaking recently, it was a hairline crack in a pipe on the side of the engine, I changed that and was still loosing coolant, it ended up being the waterpump that was leaking, so got the cambelt and waterpump all replaced at the same time.

Cheers
think this is probably the case need somewhere to get it repaired I am in South Yorkshire if anyone knows of a reliable and trustworthy garage