Quattro Front Shocks advice

Tavman

Reaction score
So my front coilovers went so instead of buying new coilovers I thought I'll go back to standard as my area has loads of bumps plus I have a kid on the way. My standard shocks have gone too so bought these 2x Front Shock Absorbers AUDI A3 1.8 T quattro 180BHP Hatch 98- | eBay . Now it stated that they were for A3 Quattro 1.8T but once I fitted them I couldn't fit the anit-roll bar as there were no holes or bracket. Can anyone shed some light on this.
Does the quattro come with a standard anti-roll bar?
Should I still drive with the front shocks fitted but with no anti-roll bar?
Where can I get reliable front shocks or shocks with lowering springs?
Is their any cheap coilovers that will fit the Quattro?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I would potentially say they have sent out the wrong part.
- The quattro should have a standard anti-roll bar
- You can still drive without the ARB, however the ride will be terrible, there will be lots of body roll and may potentially be dangerous.
- I would stick to a brand - Billstien.etc - you should be able to pick up relaible shocks from the likes of euro car parts
- Yes you can get dirt cheap coilovers, however they wont last long. I bought a set of Weitec coilovers for my Quattro, they are fairly cheap as opposed to the big brands, but they are made by KW and were £650 - been on for over a year without any issues.

I have just been through this myself, I bought some bilstein b4's which despite bilstein telling me they were the right ones didn't have the arb mount on them, so they were sent back and as bilstein seemingly were unable to supply me the correct ones afterwards, I bought some kyb Excel-G 334670 instead which do have the ring just below the spring plate to attach the drop link.
They were £94 delivered from Car Parts, Spares & Accessories | Car Parts UK | Buy Car Parts Online | Buy Parts By

The quattro has shock to roll bar links same as the S3 Fwd have roll bar to lower arm links

But i have to say i dont know if the roll bar goes under the driveshaft like the S3 i really cant remember

I have complete set of Koni's off my S3 with a new fittings available - done just 500 miles! Have sent PM.

Last edited: