• 3 Post By IrishDave
  • 1 Post By vroomtshh
  • 1 Post By s3dave
  • 2 Post By vroomtshh

Thread: xs power/ relentless tuning k04 tubular manifold v3

Reverse Gear

Status

xs power/ relentless tuning k04 tubular manifold v3

just recieved my new v3 k04 tubular manifold thanks to the guys over at xs-power.com.
    very pleased with it and quick shipment too.
    mani 4.jpgmani 3.jpgmani 2.jpgmani 1.jpg

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Someone didn't do their research...
    Last edited by IrishDave; 2nd October 2013 at 21:37.
    Westy, CMcKenzie and Gizmo20VT like this.
    B5 v1 Tip, Relentless v2 Manifold, Beach Buggy Hybrid, Pipewerx D.P and cat bypass, Miltek resonated cat back, AH Fabs v2 Intercooler, S2000 Filter, 83mm 9.5:1 CP Pistons, Brute Rods, Bosch 550cc Injectors, Oil Catch can, N249 delete, B5 Phenolic Gasket.
    H&R Springs, Koni FSD Shocks, s3dave's rear tie bars, LCR Brembo's, 18" ttrs alloys, replaced all suspension bushes, 15/20mm spacers front/rear.

Now just waiting on my B5 exhaust manifold as the Relentless is goosed.

Reverse Gear

Status
    why's that then?i see you have got v2?????

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDave View Post

1st Gear

Status
    Or maybe they did. I've seen all of the bad bits about them. I'm still going to be running one
    m19lte likes this.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vroomtshh View Post
    Or maybe they did. I've seen all of the bad bits about them. I'm still going to be running one
    Hardcore....
    Jason.s likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by crack5111 View Post
    why's that then?i see you have got v2?????
    To answer that simply. They are a pile of ****. Yes I have a V2, but I bought it before all the known issues with these manifolds were raised.
    Having recently rebuilt my engine I was hoping to replace it with another but unfortunately it is still in early development stages. Yes some people have been lucky with them, most have not. It is usually just a matter of time before they crack/break giving you the added cost of having to remove the head to replace it, + belts, gaskets etc that will also need to be replaced and also a new mani.
    Unlucky for us K04 owners there has not been a decent mani produced yet. The JBS mani also had issues, but were easily resolved and seemed to give good results, not as good as the relentless mani but then it doesn't have the reliability issues.
    Until someone develops a proper tubular manifold for these cars (caugh caugh), we are pretty much stuck and if I were to buy again I would probably go for the JBS unit and have it ported.
    B5 v1 Tip, Relentless v2 Manifold, Beach Buggy Hybrid, Pipewerx D.P and cat bypass, Miltek resonated cat back, AH Fabs v2 Intercooler, S2000 Filter, 83mm 9.5:1 CP Pistons, Brute Rods, Bosch 550cc Injectors, Oil Catch can, N249 delete, B5 Phenolic Gasket.
    H&R Springs, Koni FSD Shocks, s3dave's rear tie bars, LCR Brembo's, 18" ttrs alloys, replaced all suspension bushes, 15/20mm spacers front/rear.

Now just waiting on my B5 exhaust manifold as the Relentless is goosed.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Hardcore....
    Not really IMO. I've modified it to fit, I've ported the hell out of it. I've had the faces skimmed flat. There haven't been any reports of the V3's cracking that I've seen. It'll be properly braced, and bolted up. I'm not really expecting any issues with it.

But if I do have, then I can remove it and fix them. Its only hardcore if your having to pay a garage to remove them any time theres an issue
    Westy and s3dave like this.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Only messing mate, once ported i think they are ok, just heard of the tabs pinging off maybe better off without them on the stress areas..?

Reverse Gear

Status
    oh right..... have you had any problems with yours? I've already got a tubular manifold fitted not sure which one and have had it on there for a little while now and no problems...bit of a pig to fit,had to make up some studs for the turbo and a little modifying but i did it without touching the head. but the flanges where dead flat and no issues yet.and i noticed the improvement straight away and thats on stock ecu software....so for what the first manifold cost me i can't complain.and the v3 is meant to be a much better and hassle free fit.it comes with special gaskets,studs,nuts and washers and a specially bent spanner for doing the job of the tricky nut....

To answer that simply. They are a pile of ****. Yes I have a V2, but I bought it before all the known issues with these manifolds were raised.
    Having recently rebuilt my engine I was hoping to replace it with another but unfortunately it is still in early development stages. Yes some people have been lucky with them, most have not. It is usually just a matter of time before they crack/break giving you the added cost of having to remove the head to replace it, + belts, gaskets etc that will also need to be replaced and also a new mani.
    Unlucky for us K04 owners there has not been a decent mani produced yet. The JBS mani also had issues, but were easily resolved and seemed to give good results, not as good as the relentless mani but then it doesn't have the reliability issues.
    Until someone develops a proper tubular manifold for these cars (caugh caugh), we are pretty much stuck and if I were to buy again I would probably go for the JBS unit and have it ported.

4th Gear

Status
    Please don't use anything other than oem nuts and gaskets unless you really enjoy playing with manifolds. I've had to fit and refit relentless manis 6/7 times to my own car now and I'm bored of doing it lol
    Badger 5 tuned 340 bhp / 350 lbft sleeper

Reverse Gear

Status
    HERE IS THEIR V4

It is CAST collector - which we addressed.
    It is 48mm Diameter gooseneck to collector - UNHEARD of CAST technology to get the power and
    heat band where it needs to be.
    It will be 1/2 of what Spiderwork Charged!

It will be LIFETIME GUARANTEE!

It will come with full install kit!

AND .......IF you are not happy , 100% refund!

Our unmatched SHIPPING AND SERVICE.
    they have told me:
    "we have always stood behind the clients, and behind the community"

now you can't argue with that...... you cant loose....
    be nice to see one in the flesh and try it out and see how it performs

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    I cannot see a cast collector??

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    I cannot see a cast collector??
    maybe its cast tubing for uniform wall thickness rather than the normal bent thin walled tubing they normally use...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...