Volks AutosMonster Motorsport

Thread: VVT help

1st Gear

Status

VVT help

Hi All

Am in the need of some help, is a long story but having put the new head on have had a major problem in that I have "burn't" a hole in the block. This has meant getting a new engine, I have a BAM engine head and block to replace my previous APY. My question concerns the VVT. Is there anything I need to do re the VVT and how much of a problem is it going to be. I really am looking for the quickest and simplest way of getting the car up and running again ideally without needing to split 2 engines.

Thank you for any help

Martin

2000 Audi S3 Black. Engine rebuilt Wossner internals, custom map, B5 3" TIP, Haldex blue, sport shifter, H&R ARBs, Green filter, 8P gear knob, 18" RSTTs, K-sport 8 piston 330mm brakes Ferodo pads front & rear, Nitrac disc rear, AP coilovers, adjustable tie arms, Powerflex bushes all round, yellow mount, LCR splitter, 3" DP & decat, 006p & Liquid CUBE, Forge FMIC, 550 injectors, CR Hybrid Turbo Stage 4 and Custom manifold

Audi S3 (310 bhp & 311 lbft)
    Aston Martin V8 Vantage
    CBR 600RR (08 )

2. # ADS
    ADS

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    put the non vvt tensioner onto the bam. put bam on car. done

1st Gear

Status
    That sound simple cheers

2000 Audi S3 Black. Engine rebuilt Wossner internals, custom map, B5 3" TIP, Haldex blue, sport shifter, H&R ARBs, Green filter, 8P gear knob, 18" RSTTs, K-sport 8 piston 330mm brakes Ferodo pads front & rear, Nitrac disc rear, AP coilovers, adjustable tie arms, Powerflex bushes all round, yellow mount, LCR splitter, 3" DP & decat, 006p & Liquid CUBE, Forge FMIC, 550 injectors, CR Hybrid Turbo Stage 4 and Custom manifold

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
    CBR 600RR (08 )

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Don't forget to use a new gasket for the VVT though...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    ...just re-read... you could also just leave the VVT unit in as its not connected and does the same job as the non VVT tensioner...

You will need to swap over the knock sensors and do an SAI delete as the BAM sensors (assuming they are still on the block) are different and the BAM head has no provision for SAI

The coolant hardline that runs under the inlet mani from the water pump to the heater matrix pipes... I think these are different on the BAM to the APY block so you may have to change these over to mate up with the hoses you have

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks Tuffty that's great

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
    CBR 600RR (08 )