rear tie bar ??

epox

Reaction score
are the rear tie bars the same length? cars sitting with a lot of rear camber standard springs .. 2003 s3

cheers

hope to get a pair of daves adjustables as soon as finances allow-

mark

I think its nearly 2deg as std but you could also have broken springs 'lowering' it a little more and giving more camber...

I believe all tie bars to be the same length

<tuffty/>

I think its nearly 2deg as std but you could also have broken springs 'lowering' it a little more and giving more camber...

I believe all tie bars to be the same length

<tuffty/>

Different part numbers for top and bottom arms apparently on facelift or GmbH equipped cars?

different as revision letter on the end? will have a look on etka when I get a chance as I am now intrigued... makes sorta sense as the arms could be different to accommodate the lower springs and retain original camber but could also be a revision of the originals..

<tuffty/>

different as revision letter on the end? will have a look on etka when I get a chance as I am now intrigued... makes sorta sense as the arms could be different to accommodate the lower springs and retain original camber but could also be a revision of the originals..

<tuffty/>

For reference, my car has the same part numbers for top and bottom Paul.

wee up date, i was able to adjust the camber by a good 10mm , top out.

the holes on the outer end of the bars are slightly elongated, so bottom arm pushed in and top pulled out.

i know i still need to get it checked, camber now around 2-3 deg rather than 7ish guage not the best but wheels look much better.

mark

wee up date, i was able to adjust the camber by a good 10mm , top out.

the holes on the outer end of the bars are slightly elongated, so bottom arm pushed in and top pulled out.

i know i still need to get it checked, camber now around 2-3 deg rather than 7ish guage not the best but wheels look much better.

mark

Are the bars OEM bars? If so, they are not/or shouldn't be elongated, they are worn or someone has modified them, and weakened them in the process! 7 degrees camber? Is that even possible on factory arms?

all holes were the same , so not sure if they were worn or not. im saying 7 but its just a cheap needle type guage. it would make sence for the holes to be slightly elongated to give some sort of adjustment would it not?
might have to think about the adjustables then.

mark